Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using a kerry medical card in smithfield...

• 04-10-2009 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

I just moved up from Kerry.

I have a Southern Health board Medical card and never really had any problems using it before when I moved to dun laoghaire a few years ago, but people have mentioned that it might be changed. Has anyone heard about this?

The reason I'm asking is that I'm currently suffering bad migrane and I'll need to see a doctor tomarrow morning. I know there's a health centre just up the road here in Smithfield, can I just walk in and see the doctor? Someone told me that I'd have to register with a new gp and they might not take medical cards...

The last time I just arrived up (four years ago), I went to a doctor and got seen :B Damn recession!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,457 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Not all doctors accept medical cards and some might be oversubscribed, so phone ahead.

I imagine there is a list of doctors on the HSE website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭universe777

Yunalesca wrote: »
    The reason I'm asking is that I'm currently suffering bad migrane and I'll need to see a doctor tomarrow morning. I know there's a health centre just up the road here in Smithfield, can I just walk in and see the doctor? Someone told me that I'd have to register with a new gp and they might not take medical cards...

If you are talking about the Hibernian/Charter medical centre? It's more of a private A&E clinic than a GP clinic. They don't take medical cards and charge accordingly.
    There is a doctors surgery further up the Luas tracks, ring before you go there to find out.

Advertisement