Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coors light peak

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

ah i enjoyed it anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Yeah it good alright.. I think most of the people went for the free drink and not the bands! There was no free drink though :rolleyes:

I wasn't drinking so I decided to bring along the camera to try and shoot the gig..

Ive never shot a gig before so they might not be the best :p

4043815565_dca6978f92.jpg

4044193844_834c1ef5c8.jpg

4043806905_420065f3f3.jpg

4044552656_3bb19f08da.jpg

4044629854_edbc57258e.jpg

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Great photos Daz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Really enjoyed it, Fight like Apes were amazing! The great turn-out did us proud! Sure I told everyone there'd be no free booze. lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭clinchy

fight like apes were good but the event was just a reason for coors to sell a load of beer

• Advertisement

Same reason as every other event that's ever held in the country so :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭sorrywhat

The drumming band with the DJ were really cool I thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

enjoyed the music, didn't drink any Coors cos it's not my kind of beer but thought that the Fight Like Apes between song banter was tiresome and cringe worthy at times. They'd have been better served banging out a bunch of songs without stopping just to get the atmosphere pumping before stopping to do the whole 'good evening Waterford' waffle. Excellent sound when they were playing, just not enough music and when the banter lasts as long as the songs then something has to suffer.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

We arrived at about half 8 and found a load of people leaving. Not many interested in the guy on the drums and the small stage to the side was probably only noticed by people in that area. Was bored ****eless till Fight Like Apes came on but even they had only a small crowd of dedicated fans cheering them on (the crowd was much smaller at this stage). I thought they were fairly good but agree with more music, less ****e talk considering they only had a short time frame. Even they agreed the crowd was poor. A good spot for future events tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

Great turn-out, great music, great location, great setup, great price.

Terrible headliners, terrible beer, and terrible time.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

KingLoser wrote: »
    Great turn-out, great music, great location, great setup, great price.

Terrible headliners, terrible beer, and terrible time.

Great turn out and music? What event did you go to :p People just kept on leaving and it seemed that the headline acts followers were the only crowd left!

I went to the event with Messiah J and the Expert, and R.S.A.G. that was packed out.

People left because $hite like Apes started playing.

Yeah was only us FLA fans left at the end. Pity a lot of people didn't like them/handn't heard of them. Can only speak for me and my friends but we had a cracking time. Loved it.

That's cool dude! I just didn't think they fitted in very well with the hip-hop, and breaks they had for the two previous acts. But like, all in all, I won't complain, it was free and it was hella fun!

7623_180221126512_677471512_3327812_5574218_n.jpg

What event did you go to Sully? This was during the first band. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

clinchy wrote: »
    fight like apes were good but the event was just a reason for coors to sell a load of beer
    Hardly! Coors would have done their testicles running these events. In years gone by they would have been offering free beer but in the current environment it makes sense for them to look for ways to try and recoup some of their costs!

I went to the event with Messiah J and the Expert, and R.S.A.G. that was packed out.

People left because $hite like Apes started playing.

People seemed to be leaving before that, but in larger numbers when they came on. I liked them anyway.
    What event did you go to Sully? This was during the first band. :P

Ah I only arrived for the DJ/Drummer guy and ****e Like Apes. Missed the others.

Anyone have the pizza in the big blue bus? :P

AdMMM wrote: »
    Hardly! Coors would have done their testicles running these events. In years gone by they would have been offering free beer but in the current environment it makes sense for them to look for ways to try and recoup some of their costs!

There is a Coors rep on the Gigs & Events forum. Basically said it would have cost to much to give out free drinks for the amount of events and large numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Clano

100 people left when that rsag drummer guy came on. bbut there was no count of how many came back in
    i thought fight like apes were very good.
    It was still a success as only 1500 were expected but it was closer to 2000 that came. even if every person only bought one pint (€5) they made €10,000 alone!
    I thought was a great night overall

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Yossarian_Lives

i got a token for a free beer of sombody when i went in but my friends didnt, but the pizza was class alrite, FLA were great too

Advertisement