Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Street car in Letterkenny tonight.

Options
  • 04-10-2009 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭

Had a brief chat with the guy driving the google street car. I had dragged the kids over to the car to have a look at it. Poor guy can't even nip into tesco without getting the "hey, what's that then?" noobie questions!

2009, red Astra. He mentioned he's already on his third set of tyres & pads, and second set of shocks! Also on his second camera unit, as he collided with a rather low bridge over near Donegal Town!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Class, i hope Google leave the footage of his encounter with the low bridge on street view:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

lol!
    That would be interesting alright.

Felt a bit sorry for the guy. Says it's 10 hours driving every day. And can only collect data when it's very bright or sunny :(

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Senna wrote: »
    Class, i hope Google leave the footage of his encounter with the low bridge on street view:D
    Not for the first time it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

mrmac wrote: »
    And can only collect data when it's very bright or sunny :(

So he only works 2 days in the year??:pac:

Advertisement