Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Butternut Squash Soup

Options
  • 04-10-2009 10:21pm

So, I bought some Butternut Squash, some ginger, and some fat free greek yogurt.

Any nice l/f Butternut Squash Soup recipes out there?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Hmmm!

I'd section the squash and roast it for 30 minutes to put some colour on it. Then sweat a finely chopped onion in a little oil until transparent. Add the squash and some toasted, crushed fennel seeds (half a tsp). Add some stock (chicken or vegetable) and some salt. Cover and simmer gently for say, 20 minutes. Then I'd blend it with a hand blender, and stir a tablespoon of yoghurt through the bowl when it's served (not in the pot).

• Registered Users Posts: 22,779 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I'd go with what The Sweeper advised. The only thing I'd add is that ground cumin & especially ground coriander go very well with this. You could sprinkle some of the spice over the squash before roasting & this will add depth to the flavours.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,464 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I've got a butternut squash recipe here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,575 ✭✭✭✭PFJSplitter

Here is a tasty soup treat.

Brilliant thanks guys! I've never made it before but love when when someone else makes it.

I'll report back on which one I used.

• Advertisement
Advertisement