Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toy Dog called Biscuit

Options
  • 04-10-2009 10:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hi Guys

Has anyone's child got this toy yet ? Its a toy dog called Biscuit.
    My Daughter wants it for Christmas, but its €200 so I want to make sure it good.

Thanks
    Littleroo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

I don't have children yet but I can not fanthom a time in my life when I could justify spending 200 euro on a toy dog for a child.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Oh it'll happen. Don't worry. :)

Sorry OP: Never heard of it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Looked it up, it's a life sized Labrador "Fur Real Friend".

Got 3 out of 5 stars from more than 60 reviews if that helps. Personally I think it's a bit creepy tbh!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Khannie wrote: »
    Oh it'll happen. Don't worry. :)

Sorry OP: Never heard of it.

Too right it will.

Op how old is the child?We have (kinda) set a spend per child according to their ages.We also allow them to pick 2 Santa gifts that they want and we pick them surprises and stocking fillers(Off to make a thread just for this issue) but depending on their age I wouldnt be spending 200 euros on a Fake Labrador for them.

You`d get a real one for a little bit more :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Prepare to spend another €200 on batteries for the thing, too.

Anything "animatronic" like that thing gets old quickly (dog years, maybe).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Whats the betting it will still end up in the bottom of the toy box in a years time lol

Its a lot of money for what is basically a toy...you could get them a real dog for that price

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭daviddwyer

OP- DD got one of these last year at 5. Dog is adoravble but to be honest there is very little she can do with it... at least if it walked or something she could actually play with it. In saying that she loves him and has a dog bed for him in her bedroom. He comes everywher with us... which means I spend a lot of time carrying him. Look him up on youtube... some vids there of him in action. One last thing... buy shares in Duracell - 6 D batteries a time is no joke!!

Advertisement