Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Postgrad Dip in Education Points System/ Cutoff

• 04-10-2009 10:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

Is the points system the same as it used to be for when it was called a higher diploma?

Does anybody know what the point cut offs have been in recent years?
    Or how I would find out?, can't find the info anywhere!

As it stands I would have 48 points, in years gone by I understand this would have been enough but I hear demand for the course is going up!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭Rosita

If your degree is not a Business degree 48 points will have you home and dry. But there is a quota on the numbers of business applicants so the points for that are much higher although 48 would have got you in in 2009.

In fact any increase in points due to demand will probably be offset by the decision not to include teaching experience in the calculations from the 2010 course onwards. So I wouldn't expect points to increase, but you never know I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

A full list of last year's points is located here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭babo9

Cool, thanks for the info, especially the link, I've spent the day looking for that exact link...I found a bzillion older documents though, even from that site!

One other thing, anyone know if it would make a difference to your application if you're already pursuing a post grad course at the time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭Rosita

babo9 wrote: »

One other thing, anyone know if it would make a difference to your application if you're already pursuing a post grad course at the time?

No difference - you've either completed a course (i.e. graduated) or you haven't.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭trebormurf

Not unless you're adding the points for the postgrad to your points total now, you have to be finished a course to add it to your total. For example if you have 48pts without the postgrad then you should be ok, if you have 42pts and the postgrad will bring your total up to 48pts you need to complete the postgrad first.

• Advertisement
Advertisement