Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Beards

• 04-10-2009 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭

Are they sexy as hell on a man ( or woman) or just vomit inducing?

Beards...hot or not 40 votes

Let the beardie weirdie tickle me
    0% 0 votes
    Get me a bucket....quick!
    100% 40 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

You appear to have something against beards...Grizzly Adams got you when you were younger did he?

You also appear to have a fascination with the thought of a woman and facial hair.....

:S

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭mattfender

i like to think its sexy as hell...:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Kradock

Depends on the whereabouts of the beard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Vomit-inducing, but if people feel the need to have a ton of facial hair that's their business, not mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Definitely not a fan, unless it really suits the guy.. ie, he needs to cover up his face :pac:

Only beard I really like is Brett McKenzie's, it's cute and it suits him. Flight of the Conchords, if you're wondering.

Wonder how many of the yes votes are from men.. More than likely the majority, I'd wager.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Voltex

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    You appear to have something against beards...Grizzly Adams got you when you were younger did he?

You also appear to have a fascination with the thought of a woman and facial hair.....

:S

Some women have issues with facial hair...we're all equals here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

I think beards on men are hotttt.
    Not a massive beard, just a nice bit of stubble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Wrong website dude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

I desperately want a beard, but there's just a small patch under my chin towards my neck where it won't grow.

They're fcuking amazing things.

On women, not so much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Voltex wrote: »
    Are they sexy as hell on a man ( or woman) or just vomit inducing?

Planning to boycott all businesses that have bearded employees and need a tiebreaker eh?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Pinky Pixie

It's damn sexy makes men look all rough and manly :) Not too out of hand though, makes me think "what are they hiding in it"!

Confab wrote: »
    Planning to boycott all businesses that have bearded employees and need a tiebreaker eh?

Only asking a question

Sure I reckon nature will select us men to do without the ugly face fur. We dont need it any more....like our appendix.

It's damn sexy makes men look all rough and manly :) Not too out of hand though, makes me think "what are they hiding in it"!

Bits of lunch most likely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

A survey just conducted right now says you probably cannot grow a beard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

My mother once said to me "Never trust a man with a beard, he's got something to hide!!"

She may have been referring to Gerry Adams :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Beards are cool i would love to be able to grow a beard one day i hopefully will right now i have the bum fluff which isnt good especally since its ginger and i have jet black hair

My mother once said to me "Never trust a man with a beard, he's got something to hide!!"

Nah never trust a man with a mustache. If your going to not shave do it properly! Mustaches are the indecisive man's facial hair. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

All great men have facial hair, Chuck Norris, Ronnie Drew, Stalin, James Connolly, Tom Selleck, Robert Mugabe, I could go on and on

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I have one and I'm only 'kin gorge. End thread/

Depends on the woman. Splits them down the middle I'd say. Some love em, some hate em.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Mrmoe wrote: »
    All great men have facial hair, Chuck Norris, Ronnie Drew, Stalin, James Connolly, Tom Selleck, Robert Mugabe, I could go on and on

I can't believe you left Sean Connery out of that post.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Anyone else vote yes just to annoy the OP:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

My ex-wife's Mam had a beard and she was a lovely woman so I think beards are great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

OP, your obsession with beards and facial hair probably goes back to your childhood and is directly attributed to your bewb envy

/Freud

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

Jesus had a beard too:D so take that all you heathens, grow a beard or be damed to purgatory:eek: forever

Jesus had a beard too:D so take that all you heathens, grow a beard or be damed to purgatory:eek: forever

I can't grown one, will one of these do?...

life_of_brian_allstar-5468.jpg

She may have been referring to Gerry Adams :pac:

Reminds me of Bill Bailey's skit on beards.

"As if the chin is the window to the soul..."

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

alan_moore.jpg?w=300&h=296

Orson_Welles_2_by_daysleeper81.jpg

ickM8xfwBo1fs5pm5zfecF8Wo1_1280-570x751.jpg

Sex-xy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Yeah, but Jesus was never voted Sexiest Man.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Or what about ZZ Top :eek:
    The drummer, who didnt have a beard, was called Frank Beard. The irony!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I shaved my beard off so I assume they went out of fashion shortly there after.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

ickM8xfwBo1fs5pm5zfecF8Wo1_1280-570x751.jpg

That is so cool:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

I haven't shaved in ages, I was really hoping that this thread would have enough "Beards are sexy and cool" votes to convince me not to bother

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

I have a huge beard...

On my cock.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Everybody I talk to thinks I'm much better looking now that I no longer sport a goatee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

I find women throwing themselves at me since i grew mine, so i voted sexy as hell :P

• Advertisement

Wibbs wrote: »
    I have one and I'm only 'kin gorge. End thread/

I lol'd :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

It's damn sexy makes men look all rough and manly :) Not too out of hand though, makes me think
    "what are they hiding in it"!

Seconds ;)

- Drav!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Little_miss_syn

ooooh well sexy! theres actually a guy on my college course that has both amazing hair and an amazing beard....I must have him! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭iLoveTwilight

ooooh well sexy! theres actually a guy on my college course that has both amazing hair and an amazing beard....I must have him! :p

+1 !!! that guys hair (both on his head and his face) are well looked after .. he should do an add for Tresemme .

My boyfriends grows his beard out every once and awhile .. nice ! :D

beards FTW !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

It depends really, i like when a man is kind of stubbly but full on beards can look strange on some men.

• Advertisement
Advertisement