Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decorating hotel room

Options
  • 04-10-2009 10:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hi guys,
    looking for some advice and would much appreciate any help.

My boyfriend and I are heading up the country for his birthday and I would really like to make it a weekend to remember so I have to pull out all the stops. I want to decorate the hotel room we are staying in, very romantic stuff.

Question 1
    does anyone know how to get rose petals? Are they available to get in a local florests. I'm in cork so any suggestions is what I'm hear for. And also how much would it cost for a hotel room.

I also would like anh suggestions on how else to decorate or what to bring( nothing dirty thanks-have that covered!) where to get a cheap champagne bucket or LED tealights or romantic bathsalts. this is my gift so I hope I am in the right place!

please help- this is very important!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Bags of 100 tealights in the E2 shop, just be careful where you leave them lying about.

Bath salts and stuff like that from the body shop are lovely (expensive enough though).

Rose petals I'm not so sure about, I think i've seen them on IWOOT.com but they were expensive. Not sure if a florist would have them or not, might be best to call in advance save you wasting your time.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭purplebeach

Hi - diywedding.ie do a range of different coloured rose petals - they are 38.50 for a 2 litre box - they do next day delivery within Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Terminator 3

Thanks for the replys, those websites are really handy!

Might be venturing into a not suitable topic for this forum but inwas thinking that some hotels put petals in the room for you? And I think it is roughly the price of buying them yourself. Anyone have any experiences with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Yeah most hotels would be able to cater for any special requirements if you call them in advance. I wouldn't be optimistic that it would be as cheap as buying them yourself though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Hi guys,

Question 1
    does anyone know how to get rose petals? Are they available to get in a local florests. I'm in cork so any suggestions is what I'm hear for. And also how much would it cost for a hotel room.

Hotels that will put rose petals on your bed will normally term it a 'romance package' and charge you an arm and a leg for it, I don't think you're gonna get somewhere that will petal up your bed for the cost of the rose petals themselves. if I were you I'd probably go to lidl (or a florists), get me a couple of bunches of roses, send himself to the bar for a bit and de-petal them yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭fend

if the pre-ripped off rose petols are a little to costly, pop into tescos and get a bunch of roses for like a tenner nd rip em off yourself before you go and pop em in a plastic bag or something/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Terminator 3

Hello all!
    Just want to say thanks for the suggestions.I ordered silk red rose petals off diyweddings.ie as they were much cheaper than the real thing and are reausable! Off to tescos during the week to get tea lights, chocolate for covering strawberries,cream and cheap 'champagne'.

So I think that will set a good atmosphere plus I will have the satifaction of doing it myself and blindfolding him while setting up. Win win I think! Thanks again guys for the help!

;)

Advertisement