Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nikon D60 broken flash

• 05-10-2009 12:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have an issue with my D60 in that the flash stopped working a while back. It pops up fine, just doesn't flash. It's still under warrenty so I went back to Jessops where I purchased it and they said it will take around 6-8 weeks to get it fixed :eek: because it has to be sent back to Nikon etc etc...

I'm not one of those lucky buggers that has a spare camera :D so can't really afford to be without it for that long. So I'd rather just fix it myself, or just pay to get it fixed and have it back asap.

So just wondering, anyone here ever meddle with a Nikon to try fix something like this themselves? I'm pretty ok with electronics etc, so if it wasn't too difficult I'd just do it myself. Might just even be a bulb!

I'm based in London so if any of you are also based here and know of a place I could get it fixed, that would help tremendously too!

Thanks in advance.

KG

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Slidinginfinity

When I had a problem with my D90 I went in to berminghams (where I bought it) and they would have been happy set me up with a loaner (D80) for free for the duration. Ask Jessops, couldn't hurt and they should be happy to do it for free, if they do rentals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,404 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Did get a d70 repaired, two or three years ago. Contacted nikon directly and had to send to their place in london or surrey I think. Think it only took a few days to sort out (sent off and got it back the following week if I'm remembering right)

this looks like what I went through
    http://www.europe-nikon.com/home/en_GB/local_content/broad/89/1.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭KarmaGarda

When I had a problem with my D90 I went in to berminghams (where I bought it) and they would have been happy set me up with a loaner (D80) for free for the duration. Ask Jessops, couldn't hurt and they should be happy to do it for free, if they do rentals.

Thanks! Never thought of this. I'll give that a bash tomorrow.
    Did get a d70 repaired, two or three years ago. Contacted nikon directly and had to send to their place in london or surrey I think. Think it only took a few days to sort out (sent off and got it back the following week if I'm remembering right)

this looks like what I went through
    http://www.europe-nikon.com/home/en_GB/local_content/broad/89/1.html

Interesting. I might contact Nikon directly myself see what they say. 6-8 weeks sounds a bit crazy to fix a flash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭katiemaloe

Hey, just a thought..... if it works out expensive or takes too long to get it fixed, you could spend the money on a little external flash rather than on repairing the basic built in one. Then you're getting a better flash and problem sorted quickly! :) It should be covered under warranty though and I know from experience (I work in a camera shop) that repairs often take weeks. Hopefully jessops will have a loan camera for you :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭KarmaGarda

I like that idea. I don't really use the flash that much anyway, but have missed it for some indoor shots. Might invest in a new flash...

• Advertisement
Advertisement