Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dave Kelly RIP

Options
  • 03-10-2009 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭

Hi all,

There seems to have been a serious accident on the N59 Moycullen road just at the Glenlo Abbey. Comming in to Galway from Moycullen there is car completly totalled - It looks really bad. The gardai have sealed off the road and diversions are in place. Anybody know what happened?

Update http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/1003/rta.html

RIP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

ya it was a friend of mine :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

RIP. Very sad indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

RIP. I got the message on facebook. What a pity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

Jesus RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Before family is notified and the name is official and can be linked to, I'd appreciate if any clues to the identity of the deceased is not posted.

RIP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Richie..Galway

i knew the fella aswell, very very sad

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Sorry to hear that, wonder how the heck that managed to happen? At 4am too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Very sad indeed, he was a very nice guy. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭hairyfairy00

So very sad, he was a gentleman and will be sadly missed. RIP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭lukeeman

A good guy and a good runner. R I P.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Bosco boy

Really nice guy, a gentleman and will be missed, sympathy to his family, very sad loss

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭McTigs

He was a very good friend of mine too. An absolute gentleman, a character, loving husband and father, generous to a fault and an all round good egg.

I couldn't believe it when i got the call yesterday morning and i still can't.

It's a tragic tragic loss

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

RIP

A tragic loss for everyone who knew him.

Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

My sympathies go out to all his family and friends. Such a tradgedy.

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

He was a nice, decent guy. RIP.

Condolances to his family and friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

Condolances to his family and friends. I only ever heard good things about him. I will drop in for a pint and pay my respects when I'm back in Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

RIP. :(

Has the name of the deceased been officially released? Should we not mention names on here?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Pls refrain until it's somewhere you can link (although all local people know already).

Times
    A prominent Galway businessman died after his car hit a wall on the Moycullen road close to the Glenlo Abbey Hotel early on Saturday morning.
    David Kelly (39) ran Kelly’s Bar, formerly known as The Living Room, on Bridge Street in Galway with his wife Joan.
    He is survived by his wife and three children.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

I know a few people on here knew Dave Kelly who died over the weekend.
    Just to let you know that the funeral arrangements are available here.

Kelly's bar will also be closed in mourning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Sad news. RIP:(

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Shanley

RIP to Mr Kelly & I wish his three children all the best. He was a thourogh gentleman and I think one thing we can all learn from this terrible accidnet

As Mr.Kelly would say himself 'We are in a recession but manners will never cost you nothing!'

RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Really sad.

Only met him a handful of times but was struck by what a genuinely nice person he was.

RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭HarryD

RIP. I know his brother.. Nice guy..

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Johnnio13

Dave was a true gent, hospitable landlord and one of the best bar managers I have had the pleasure of working for and with!!

Dave, you will be missed buddy.
    My thoughts are most certainly with Joan and the kids at this time.
    Ar dheis DE go raibh a anam d'Ilis! Slan!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Puddin Dote

Having dealt with Dave and Joan in business over the years, I am deeply saddened by the tragic death of Dave on Saturday Morning Last. Dave was a gentleman and he recently showed me around the new upstairs venue in Kellys Bar that he was so excited about. He was a very unassuming guy and my prayers and wishes go to Joan and the children plus the extended Kelly and Grealish Families at this sad time.

May he rest in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭happyoutish

RIP David you were such a gent!

Condolences to Joan and his children. Such a sad, sad time. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭McTigs

As a tribute to Dave, 26 of his family and friends are going to run the dublin city marathon on monday by relay. Joan and the kids will run the anchor leg.

Dave was signed up for the race and was really looking forward to it so we're gonna insure his number gets around the course and over the finish line. We will be recognisable by our bright red t-shirts and a complete lack of physical fitness.

Dave was a diabetic but never let it get in the way of a full life. He was a great family man, business man, marathon runner, golfer and he enjoyed the craic as much as the next man and was a great friend to many. His eldest daughter is also a diabetic.

Money is being raised for The Galway Diabetes Parents Support Group who offer counseling, advice and education to the parents of children diagnosed with diabetes.

If anyone would like to sponsor the race, donations can be made in Kelly's Bar or by following this link http://www.mycharity.ie/event/diabetes_marathon_relay/

Advertisement