Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you dressing up as for Hallowe'en?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

A talking Halloween Bannana.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Declan Ganley

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭cherrycool

I was thinking a lady bug, cos its easy and I'm not exactly rolling in cash at the moment to be indulging in flashy costumes.. black shorts and a red top! But does anyone know where I can get wings? So far the only ones I've found are bl**dy feathered fairy wings, I need red or black ones!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,247 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

The other Charles Bronson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Elliemental

I only ever got dressed up once (as Anne Boleyn, complete with bloodstained* bandage round my neck, five mates were the other wives of Henry VIII). Going to a works do this year, and have to get done up again. Everyone keeps suggesting Morticia Addams, but I really don`t know. I`m dreading it.

*Not real blood, I hasten to add.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

cherrycool wrote: »
    I was thinking a lady bug, cos its easy and I'm not exactly rolling in cash at the moment to be indulging in flashy costumes.. black shorts and a red top! But does anyone know where I can get wings? So far the only ones I've found are bl**dy feathered fairy wings, I need red or black ones!

A friend of mine got red ones in George's Street Arcade in Dublin last year - then she painted little black dots on with black poster paint! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

The other Charles Bronson.

Oooh, that would be very cool indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

TheKells wrote: »
    Old Gregg

I was gonna go as Old Gregg need to get motoring!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Krieg wrote: »
    I was thinking Hans Landa from Inglorious basterds, but Id only come off as a generic Nazi officer (not necessarily a bad thing) and its extremely difficult to purchase such a uniform

I did that last year, was extremely awkward when german neighbours arrived to be welcomed by hitler, complete with moustache. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

me and my friends are thinking about going out as an 80s rock band big hair rules

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Pinky Pixie

I love halloween :) I bought my costume last week (super prepared :p)

UA83156350.jpg

I'll grant all your wishes ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

I'm going as the same think as I've have for the last few years;
    A drunk version of me....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

I was thinking about going as Poison Ivy but not sure I have enough time to get sorted, busy month. Keeping an eye out for a green dress or a beige mac so I can go as Tippi Hedren:http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2671/3923141587_f1e7772e03.jpg

or else just wrap myself in a shower curtain and cover myself in blood...Psycho:)

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

Kirby.:D

I'm gonna need a lot of chicken wire..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭K-Ren

Captain Kirk!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭trowelled

Going as Rainbow brite this year. Have the costume just need to make the boots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

K-Ren wrote: »
    Captain Kirk!

maybe we can team up, i have my Spock costume already :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

Krieg wrote: »
    I was thinking Hans Landa from Inglorious basterds, but Id only come off as a generic Nazi officer (not necessarily a bad thing) and its extremely difficult to purchase such a uniform

have a look here, i think Fun Palace beside Stephens Green had them as well
    http://www.thecostumeshop.ie/index.php?target=products&mode=search&subcats=Y&type=extended&avail=Y&pshort=Y&pfull=Y&pname=Y&pkeywords=Y&q=german&cid=0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Thinking about dressing up as Dr Manhattan..

http://inspirationoflyric.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/dr-manhattan-3.jpg

Gives me an excuse to walk around with my cock out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Gives me an excuse to walk around with my cock out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭smileysurfer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

going to dress up as an adult and wear jeans, maybe a t-shirt or sweater. i havent decided yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Kooli

I would love to hear from girls who dress up in good costumes without doing the usual 'sexy' things. I'm just sick of them! Guys often look amazing, putting in loads of effort into impressive/hilarious costumes, and girls come along in little shorts and tight tops and either put on some black ears or devil horns and that's it!

So c'mon girls - no cheerleaders, cats, devils, genies or 'sexy witches' - we can no better than that!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭clairemcbear

Betty boop :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Kooli wrote: »
    I would love to hear from girls who dress up in good costumes without doing the usual 'sexy' things. I'm just sick of them! Guys often look amazing, putting in loads of effort into impressive/hilarious costumes, and girls come along in little shorts and tight tops and either put on some black ears or devil horns and that's it!

So c'mon girls - no cheerleaders, cats, devils, genies or 'sexy witches' - we can no better than that!!

a Friend's recent facebook update..
    searched for womens halloween costumes on ebay, 13,367 results. Same search edited to exclude the word 'sexy', 208 results, half of which are still haunty.

Good point.

One year I went as a sexy Zombie. Got feckin' arrested before I made it to the pub.

Apparently what I call 'sexy' the law calls 'public indecency'.

Bunch of flippin' prudes! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭TheKells

Gillington wrote: »
    I was gonna go as Old Gregg need to get motoring!
    Any ideas of where to get the jacket? Bearing in mind im cheap!!

TheKells wrote: »
    Any ideas of where to get the jacket? Bearing in mind im cheap!!

Isn't going as Old Gregg a bit, I dunno, 2 years ago?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭whodoo

yeah i agree. its so lazy. dont get me wrong. im not against scantily clad women but wearing 'nothing' is not dressing up for Hallowe'en.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 RubyLamb

Last I year I went as a gold digger... covered myself in gold glitter, gold dress, gold hair and spray painted a spade gold!

Advertisement