Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you dressing up as for Hallowe'en?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

zuroph wrote: »
    dont :( it was a compliment! I was happy til it was only someone disguised as you! :p

Ahh, unagi! Salmon skin roll!

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

usagi chan!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭quoteunquote

My boyfriend is stealing this guy's idea.

The one on the far left, not the transvestite dominatrix.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭hopalong85

a crayon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

krudler wrote: »
    Do girls ever wish they go as full on horror outfits or is it really (to quote Mean Girls) "the one night of the year when you can dress like a complete slut and nobody can say a word" seems its always just sexy versions of nurses, witches, cats etc, last year a girl I saw went as Lisa Trevor from Resident Evil, it was ****ing awesome

I'm dressing up as a dead cheerleader this year. Last year I was a stabbing victim.

Halloween Costumes should be scary, not slutty. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

Much agreed Larianne!
    Slightly worried bout the Kitana thing turnin a lil risque, but its part an parcel.. not just a generic nurse uniform.
    Was Lil Dead Riding Hood last year.
    In fairness to the slut brigade, its pretty much all the costume shops and all offer so it tends to be the easy option

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Azureus wrote: »
    Was Lil Dead Riding Hood last year.
    Ooh I was gonna do that but the costume was sold out. So I had to make do with a terrible costume and just bloodied it up! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

Dressing up likethis for a party the Friday before Halloween, at the Burlseques Halloween night so still debating various costume ideas :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

jason newsted

• Advertisement

lol, I can see that working alright!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

A 6ft tall, slightly overweight, pasty faced Irishman complete with receding hairline. Ill be wearing "trendy" jeans that are a size too small and an ill fitting slimfit shirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Kooli

Azureus wrote: »
    In fairness to the slut brigade, its pretty much all the costume shops and all offer so it tends to be the easy option

I don't think that's an excuse at all!!

Most of the brilliant costumes worn by blokes aren't from a costume shop.

You can be a bit creative if you want.

It's just lazy. And slutty.

That scene from Mean Girls encapsulated my view of the whole thing. I remember the first time I went to a halloween party - I was dressed as Zorro (with a moustache and all) and as I looked around at all the nurses and 'sexy devils' I realised oh...I seem to have missed the point...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

William Foster

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Starstream

trowelled wrote: »
    Going as Rainbow brite this year. Have the costume just need to make the boots.

Me too!
    http://www.amazon.com/Halloween-Costumes-Rainbow-Bright-Costume/dp/B0013FJZES/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1254913102&sr=8-3-spell
    It's very short though! Gonna wear red shoes under the leggings:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭trowelled

Starstream wrote: »

It is quite short, some shorts are needed for underneath. I'm ditching the leg warmer thingys and making booties like Rainbow brite wears. I'm a stickler for these kind of things. I went as She-ra last year and insisted on mkaing the headband cos all you get in the shops were those little bands of gold that sit on top of the head and I wanted to make it look as real as possible. Tis amazing what pipe cleaners and crepe paper can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Starstream

It is quite short, some shorts are needed for underneath. I'm ditching the leg warmer thingys and making booties like Rainbow brite wears. I'm a stickler for these kind of things. I went as She-ra last year and insisted on mkaing the headband cos all you get in the shops were those little bands of gold that sit on top of the head and I wanted to make it look as real as possible. Tis amazing what pipe cleaners and crepe paper can do.

I haven't got it in the post yet - what colour shorts are you wearing?!
    Did you make the She-Ra costume from scratch? I found one on 80scartoons.co.uk and I'm in two minds now! She's my hero!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭trowelled

Did you make the She-Ra costume from scratch? I found one on 80scartoons.co.uk and I'm in two minds now! She's my hero!

Yeah made the whole thing out of bits and pices. Just found a white dress at home, bought a gold belt and red cape. As I was saying I made the head piece out of pipe cleaners and gold crepe paper, it took a long time and a lot of pateince to make. My sword was very popular on the night.

I'll probably go for red shorts

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭HereticPrincess

Flojo wrote: »
    Dressing up as a WoW night elf warrior... any idea where I could get elf ears though, oh and good cheap purple body paint? :p

I'd have loved to be a Draenei, paint myself purple & make the armour. :p
    Don't have enough time to prepare now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

I have the best costume idea ever for this year. I'm afraid someone's going to steal it though so I won't say what it is til after Halloween. I'll tell you then though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

vangoz wrote: »
    4 of meant to be doing that this year.... last year we were the teletubbies.

Well I don't think my mates want to do it again this year, so if you're looking for some quality power rangers costumes at a bargain price!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

I'd have loved to be a Draenei, paint myself purple & make the armour. :p
    Don't have enough time to prepare now!

Hey, you are Irish and its about 6 degrees. You dont need to paint yourself anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

rednik wrote: »
    Michael Myers.

Ah his stuff has gone down hill since "So I married an axe murderer".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

I'm thinking of going as Mr T.
    just need to clear the mohican with work..everything else fits :D

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭HereticPrincess

Jumpy wrote: »
    Hey, you are Irish and its about 6 degrees. You dont need to paint yourself anything.

Ah, but indoor costume party ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I'm dressing up as a drunk teenager.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Ghostbuster!

I just have to find some kind of overalls.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

The Suit that i got on my birthday.

Yeah made the whole thing out of bits and pices. Just found a white dress at home, bought a gold belt and red cape. As I was saying I made the head piece out of pipe cleaners and gold crepe paper, it took a long time and a lot of pateince to make. My sword was very popular on the night.

I'll probably go for red shorts

I think I speak for all men on this forum when I say

We're gonna need pics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Found 1 from last year when hulkamania ran wild :pac:

Advertisement