Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Most Embarrassing Thing You've Said or Done?

• 05-10-2009 1:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭

Hey all so picture this: You are living in a first floor apartment with a bunch of other students. You happen to be the only one with a balcony off your room, and this particular balcony has a very nifty washing line.

So one night, on arriving home late you decide to put out some washing out on your balcony. To add to the suspense this balcony has a double door system. There is one normal glass paneled door leading form your room and on the other side of that is a large sliding glass door.

Well, as this is Spain, there are still mosquitoes hanging about and you don't want them to all rush into your room while you hang the clothes so, without a moments hesitation, you leave the inner door open and slide the glass door closed with a suspicious click. Then you proceed to hang the clothes.

Imagine now that you turn and pull yet to your dismay nothing happens. It's locked! You are now alone, locked onto your balcony at 12.00 am without a phone and no one walking the streets below. So you stew for a few minutes, consider breaking the glass, or sitting on the balcony for the rest of the night.

Then you realize after several embarrassing attempts with your fist, and a shoe, that a neighbour on an opposite balcony is smiling at you clearly having witnessed your struggle. You go on to tell him whats happened and he proceeds to go down and buzz your flat mates. This then wakes all of your five flat mates and you must explain again. The greater problem being that your bedroom door is also locked, with a small shooting bolt, from the inside. Thus ensues a long argument about the best way to proceed as you stand there like a lemon on the balcony waiting. Finally they call the land lady and she is woken and summoned.

About forty minutes later and a broken glass panel in your bedroom door, you emerge to five smirking flat mates and a decidedly miffed landlady.

Welcome to my world. This all happened to me about an hour ago and am still beetroot red with shame. Just needed to tell people who don't know me!

Your turn...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭wolfric

a sheep

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

For me it has to be getting sick in a taxi...

I'm told its a pretty common occurance and not to feel bad (I paid him extra and all) but i feel absolutely mortified about it, and of course my mates wont stop going on about it now that they know i feel so bad about it:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭ferdyfish

someone please post a story of how they got caught bashing the bishop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭dunnomede?

A deaf and dumb girl... So i broke her fingers...
    That'll keep her schthumb

see what i did there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭ferdyfish

oh ive a good one that happened me and alot of kids in school. very embarrassing at the time, surely happened someone eslse here.... when your in scholl and you call your teacher MUM in front of the whole class!?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

You're in Spain ffs, be happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭jaxy999

Probably not the most embarrassing moment of my life, I got over it eventually :o

Years ago, in work, I answered the phone and the caller asked to speak to a particular colleague and when I enquired where he was calling from, he replied, what I though sounded like; 'Michael Soft'

Twas only when I told my work mate that 'Michael Soft' was looking for him, he hadn't a clue who/what I was raving about, he then twigged and told me it was actually 'Microsoft'. By Jesus, I felt stuuuupid!! :o:o:o

We live and learn.......

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I wiped my bum once, attempted to throw the tissue down the toilet..the edge of it caught on my nail and flew under the adjoining wall to land on the floor of the next cubicle sunny side up:o. I had to stick my hand under and take it back silently. Sat there for half an hour until the place was empty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Called my boss a **** at last years Christmas party and she heard me,fun times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

New Years Eve 1999. Went to a mates house and got totally bladdered. Was being driven home by my tee total friend who dropped one of my mates off first and I got it into my head that I just HAD to wish her folks a happy new year

Jumped out of the car, banged on the door until they opened up ( this way about 4am by the way ) and promptly threw up all over the hall.

Worse thing about it....it was the wrong bloody house. I had gone into the gaff two doors down. I havent been able to show my face in that street since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

17, RDS colege day, waterloo pub, sick in front of people eating their dinners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

I did a pooh in Paul's house and forgot to flush... >:/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

I had started a new job, and one of the guys I worked with had a glass eye. One day it was lashing raining and I went to put an umbrella up and didnt realise he was beside me and I said, 'Jesus, sorry I nearly took your eye out there'.. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Watching Portugal play Holland I think it was in 2004 Euros in the RTE bar. Maniche scored an absolute cracker, and about 10 minutes later they showed a replay of the goal, but yours truly didnt realise it was a replay and promptly jumped to his feet shouting "I dont believe it, he's done again!". Cue derisory laughter from pretty much everyone in the bar and the reddest face I've ever had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

One time I made a grammatical error on boards.ie and someone had to correct me.

I ain't done that since and I never wills. Its way too embarrassing.

God damn it.

Advertisement