Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flexible tap Tails

Options
  • 05-10-2009 9:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi, Was wondering if anybody saw this before. I just purchased a Grohe Mixer tap for a bathroom. The tap came with non flexible tap tails connected to it (It was a display model). I was under the impression you could just unscrew these tails and replace them with flexible ones so that i would not have to alter the plumbing work. However no matter how much I screw the tap tails thery just keep going round and will not come away. Could it be that these are a machined part and should not be detachable? or is there a magic tool i am not aware of that you may need to remove them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Your not screwing the right bit. afik. you can change then but you need to be careful. I am also guessing that your mixer is high pressure seen as though you bought a display model. If you go to a plumber provider and ask to change it to flexi's he will charge you about 15 euro for the pair.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 cpbobo

Thanks, i think I will bring it back to the shop and get them to change them to flexi?

Advertisement