Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

When to get outside steps in???

• 05-10-2009 10:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭

Hi

I have a quick question about putting in outside steps for front and back door.

I am getting in the screed next week and wondering if this was the best time to get the steps done too.

The only problem is I do not have the outside gravel levelled yet and there is quite a drop at the back door that will need to be raised at a later date.

Thanks

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,942 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

gerry, have a look at the post... please edit it to remove the crap.

you need the paths in before casting steps...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Gerry, you say you are putting steps in for your front and back door?
    Can I ask you - how are you complying with Part M, specifically level access to the property?
    PS, I'm at the same stage as you, as my front and back doors are (hopefully) arriving soon, and I need to create my thresholds front and back.
    Does anyone have links or advice for thresholds with Aco type drains?
    I'm finding it very difficult for builders providers to stock anything suitable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,671 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

gman2k wrote: »
    Gerry, you say you are putting steps in for your front and back door?
    Can I ask you - how are you complying with Part M, specifically level access to the property?
    PS, I'm at the same stage as you, as my front and back doors are (hopefully) arriving soon, and I need to create my thresholds front and back.
    Does anyone have links or advice for thresholds with Aco type drains?
    I'm finding it very difficult for builders providers to stock anything suitable.
    +1 on the level access issue.

as for Aco drains, manufacturers info is the best here as the tiny differences between products can have an impact on site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭gerry28

Hi,

My site is level at the front but dips a bit towards the back, i was going to put in my steps (so i would have steps in for the winter) and then level around the house in the new year.

I was thinking on putting in the steps when i had the screeders there because there would be excess concrete and expertise on that day.

I have yet to do the bulk of the groundworks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

3987305018_f171d1365e_b.jpg

3987302920_d02c554338_b.jpg

To OP - I think you should be putting in your level access now, as opposed to waiting till you bring up your levels,
    You could incorporate the drainage threshold detail into your step construction, and still bring up your external levels afterwards.
    If you go ahead and build a step out of concrete, you'll never go back and revisit to do it properly - i.e. comply with Part M.
    It's just as easy to do it right as do it wrong! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭gerry28

Ah - the penny is finally dropping now - part M is the wheelchair access.

I'll leave it and do it all together with the groundworks

Thanks for replies

Advertisement