Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Difficulty Connecting to PC

• 05-10-2009 10:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,870 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I know this has been done before but having difficulty locating a good answer. I used to be able to play all my media from my laptop wireless on the xbox. I moved house, and it never worked again. I now have just bought a new PC, set it up on saturday, and i still cant connect. I Went onto the xbox site, followed the instructions, got the extender number etc, but still no go. The firewall is set up to allow it etc, but still no joy. Has anyone else got any advise i might be able to try? All help appreciated.

Rob

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Do you have a different router &/or internet provider since you moved?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,870 ✭✭✭budhabob

Do you have a different router &/or internet provider since you moved?

Diffferent Router is all. same make though. can connect to xbox live no bother, and can obviously connect the pc to the net no bother either. I'm currenty using an 8gb memory key to play stuff, so the streaming option would just make life so much easier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭craze7

I have to disable my anti virus's firewall to conect to my pc, try that!

craze7 wrote: »

Nice one, thats another thing to try so, thanks.

craze7 wrote: »

Tried that and still no go. May have to resign myself to the use of the USB only.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Who's your ISP? What operating system are you using?

As you had it set up before, I'm presuming you haven't changed the folder share options?

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    Who's your ISP? What operating system are you using?

As you had it set up before, I'm presuming you haven't changed the folder share options?

Well it was originally set up in college accom so dont know who the service provider was. Now using eircom, and only just bought a new computer a week ago, and its currently Vista, although will be getting windows 7 when its out.

Ah ok. I'm not sure it affects it but have you got your NAT set to open?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Hi - I am using tvsersity - the free version not the pro.

Maybe check out their forums for tips around your router - you might need to just add the mac address of your 360 to your router as a permitted device.

http://tversity.com/
    & quickstart guide for 360
    http://tversity.com/support/quickstart-upnp

There might be better solutions out there - but I have found this works 99% of the time for me. Sometimes there are odd problems - files not playing, no image etc but this is rare enough.

Taltos wrote: »
    Maybe check out their forums for tips around your router - you might need to just add the mac address of your 360 to your router as a permitted device.

MAC filters would not be set by default and if he can connect to Xbox Live via the PC/laptop then I'd say it's do with the sharing permissions on the laptop.

• Advertisement

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    MAC filters would not be set by default and if he can connect to Xbox Live via the PC/laptop then I'd say it's do with the sharing permissions on the laptop.

Ya, i'm a bit confused by the whole thing, thought it'd be simple. Not sure of the NAT settings, i can check when i get home. Thanks for all the advice anyway.

Advertisement