Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any aussie boards.ie equivalents?

Options
  • 05-10-2009 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭

It is such a big thing here that I assume Australia would have one of their own, but I cant find it for the life of me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭DamoDLK

Sure what would you need one for!!!???lol

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

I am Australian. I would like to see how things are back home by looking at a broad view posted by peers :)

Ahh, well in that case!! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

I'd suggest asking on Australian websites in that case. Australia doesn't really exist to the rest of the world ;)

Confab wrote: »
    I'd suggest asking on Australian websites in that case.

*facepalm*

• Advertisement

LOL!!! from start to finish! real monty python stuff going on here!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

Jumpy wrote: »
    It is such a big thing here that I assume Australia would have one of their own, but I cant find it for the life of me.

Whirlpool is kind of similar.

It's a bit more techie related but it does have TV / News / Sports forums in it though.

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/

• Registered Users Posts: 28,961 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

This is pretty close

http://au.messages.yahoo.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Hmmmm a niche seems to be there.

Anyone wanna go halves on setting up a forum?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭aiecquest

There are many boards international re. Australia, British and Irish related to migration.

One of the biggest in Oz for forums, adverts etc. is http://www.gumtree.com.au

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Xavi6 wrote: »

Australia is missing a Daft-type site as well (Gumtree is sh!te for searching, no drilldown searching at all).

www.domain.com.au . Way better site than Daft.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Xavi6 wrote: »

lol i already tried.....and failed!! :(

www.dingostew.com

I'd be willing to keep it going!!

www.chatboards.com.au and www.chatboards.co.nz are available for €210 for a ten registration

thats a crap name tho. DingoStew is way better!! ;)

Is Dongo not slightly patronizing. It'd be like calling an irish forum Leprechaun mix

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Jumpy wrote: »

:D:D You are having a laugh surely? Australia is the most backword country when it comes to the internet its unreal, there is no such thing as unlimted intenet access here, you have a download limit, i swear its the most backword country when it comes to the internet in the western world,and then they spout on there crapy idiotic tv adds about how great there internet pagages are:rolleyes:, it really is hard to take:(.

Quazzie wrote: »
    Is Dongo not slightly patronizing. It'd be like calling an irish forum Leprechaun mix

leprachaun stew sounds like a cool name for an irish site!!! :eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

www.paddypages.com.au <- Not a site, just a suggestion

:D:D You are having a laugh surely? Australia is the most backword country when it comes to the internet its unreal, there is no such thing as unlimted intenet access here, you have a download limit, i swear its the most backword country when it comes to the internet in the western world,and then they spout on there crapy idiotic tv adds about how great there internet pagages are:rolleyes:, it really is hard to take:(.

I know several people back home with unlimited access. Maybe you are not looking hard enough.

Helps if you spell internet right when doing your searches too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 Ray007

Apologies, but I didn't know where else to post this.
    Does anyone know of an equivalent boards.ie in Australia?

Regards

R

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

I had an Unlimited account for ages through ECN, $75 per month, but then I went with a 3G USB Stick from Optus instead, makes more sense to me, thats 80GB for $40 a month, thats enough for me so far, and I watch a lot of movies and TV online.

I also have an Unlimited account for my Satellite connection at the Farm, so not that hard to get at all.

Ray007 wrote: »
    Apologies, but I didn't know where else to post this.
    Does anyone know of an equivalent boards.ie in Australia?

Regards

R

Of course!! check the sig!!

Seriously, if anyone wants to go halves on my site let me know. renewal is next month! :p

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Of course!! check the sig!!

Seriously, if anyone wants to go halves on my site let me know. renewal is next month! :p
    Just outta curiosity how much is renewal?

I have a spare serer and stuff, and its not goin to townsville anytimre soon

Quazzie wrote: »
    Just outta curiosity how much is renewal?

i went for a nice cheapo one. cost me like 20 dollars for 6 months! does the job!

$20, feck thats cheap, swing by the office and I'll sort ya out with a years hostin

Advertisement