Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

the moon today

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,642 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Optical illusion :mad:
    Take a picture and it'll still be as disappointingly tiny as ever.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optical_illusion

"An optical illusion (also called a visual illusion) is characterized by visually perceived images that differ from objective reality. "

Not really, it is an optical illusion (google moon illusion). Something to do with it being closer to the horizon and how the eye perceives it. But a lot of optical illusions are retained in photographs.

Harvest_moon.jpg

Quick grab of net of harvest moon, sorry about the quaility

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

This was my 55-250mm lens on my crop senor maxed out from about 10 mins ago
    3993370315_0d9f5cae06_o.jpg

I take it that's a pretty extreme crop? Great shot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

TelePaul wrote: »
    I take it that's a pretty extreme crop? Great shot!

I cropped about 1/2 of the original file in the raw editor before PP in photoshop. I think my 250mm on the cropped sensor is the equivalent to roughly 350mm*.

*Listen to me - you would nearly think i knew what i was talking about or what them numbers meant!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

I cropped about 1/2 of the original file in the raw editor before PP in photoshop. I think my 250mm on the cropped sensor is the equivalent to roughly 350mm*.

*Listen to me - you would nearly think i knew what i was talking about or what them numbers meant!

:D:D:D I think you can just multiply by the crop (1.6 on most Canons for instance)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 275 ✭✭Fredrick

Some very nice shots. Heres one i took a few days ago, 07 Oct, 7:55am.

300F1FF57D684FF483F87327F6BA7A01-800.jpg

Canon 400d, Canon EF 100-400 f4.5-5.6 L IS USM @ 400mm f5.6 1/250 sec ISO 200, Handheld.

Advertisement