Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shaving Head

• 05-10-2009 11:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have for the last couple of years shaved my own head with an electric razor, basically a 1/2 (half) all over - as I'm receding on top so suits best.

Today I wet bladed my hair,using the gillette mach 3 turbo and gillette gel.

Just wondering for anybody else who shaves their head with a wet razor, do they have any tips when doing this?

Like should I put a moisturizing cream on after?

How do you prevent any razor rashes/bumps etc?

Is there any shaving gel/foam they would recommend?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I shave my head twice a week. Don't really get rashes or anything like that afterwards.

I do use a moisturizing cream from Nivea afterwareds though. Find it to be very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

I don't shave my head but if I did I would try something like this.

HR_401-047-00_dovo_striglia_head_shaver.jpg

Instead of using shaving foam from a can why not whip up your own lather,

http://www.connaughtshaving.com/shavingsoap.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I wet shave my head daily and treat it the same as shaving my face. Proper prep with a good cream/soap and a brush will help avoid any problems.

No need for any special razors, I use a mild DE or a Sensor. After a while you'll be shaving by touch with no need for a mirror.

Don't forget to pick up some head-wear as you'll notice the cold more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 HealthyWay

I second the headwear - my head is freezing in winter - also important to use lot of sun cream in summer.

Advertisement