Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to put in North facing Vegie patch?

Options
  • 05-10-2009 11:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

There is a corner of my garden which seems perfect for a vegie patch. It is sheltered from the West by a pine hedge (so I may have some roots to battle with, but that's ok). The North and East are exposed. Unfortunately the South is sheltered by a shed (my garden storage). Is it possible to have a vegie patch here? What would grow well, easily and with limited maintenance?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I'm no expert in these matters but I threw some seed potatoes in a patch along by a north-facing wall weeks ago and they're thriving.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭pops

You could try blackcurrants if you're looking for fruiting bushes. They are very hardy, low maintenance and don't mind a bit of shade. They do like lots of manure if you can get it though!

Advertisement