Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Trip Reports.

Options
  • 05-10-2009 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭

Thought it might be interesting to read some TRIP REPORTS seen as mine was a non event. I still enjoyed my 36 hour trip. :)

Here is mine. Warning it contains noting about poker. (what's new)

My Killarney trip was a non event so I decide to use the opportunity to get out the old climbing boots, and forget about side events etc. The fact that I left my wallet on some garage counter on the way down probably saved me blowing a lot of loot in the cash games from donkament tilt.
    So I decide a trip on the macgillacuddyreeks in the early morn would be a good idea. Well It seems I run badly at the mountain climbing/hill walking. It fking lashed on me for hours , I dryed myself off and drove home nearly drifting off to sleep at the Roscrea Roundabout.
    My room in xxxxxx xxxxxx was infested with about 12/15 daddy long legs. I think they were having the daddy long leg convention in that hotel and I was sharing with a dozen sprightly types who insisted on reading the paper over my shoulder. (rude and annoying) Now as I normally sleep on the back I decided to take out one of the daddy longlegs with a swipe of the paper and hopefully the others will respect my space whilst mourning over Lanky Liam (I like to name my victims) . I woke up early next morning in the nick of time it seemed, as they were all converged in one space above the postage stamp TV. An attack was imminent so I hightailed it out of there and off to the Kerry mountians for my annual dousing. I quite enjoyed the trip all in all. Now what to do with all that money I saved myself.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

'God save thee, ancient Mariner,
    From the fiends that plague thee thus!—
    Why look'st thou so?'

"With my crossbow newspaper
    I shot battered the Albatross." daddy longlegs

The curse is upon us. The first person I saw in Killarney was Yuletired. Then I made a horrendous call in a three-way pot and lost half my stack.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭smurph

played the ~super satellite, played like a Donkey
    Played Cash, got chips in the forehead by someone doing a

Trevor McGoona on it........ won €1,200 in the 1 1 3 omaha game, stayed up all night had breakfast, slept

Played the ~Main Event, played like a Donkey....
    Decided to go in for just one drink before going to bed, stumbled out of bar 5 hours later

Played the ~Side event, played like a Donkey
    Played cash, won, went drinking.

Played the 2nd Side Event, played like a Donkey
    Played cash won, went drinking, Martin got to final Table, knocked out in 7th, played a stormer........ very proud

Met Connie today and he invited us to his Monday game in the Cue club, great little club, having a Bud, while writing this, Martin still in the game.

The brehon hotel is stunning, the Estanga Spa is amazing, staff food etc., top class. Thought the weekend was brilliant, well done to everyone for putting on a great weekend of cards.

Scandies are mad...

Well done to everyone who cashed...

the end

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭super182

smurph wrote: »

Scandies are mad...

the end
    lol agreed

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Laxie

Worked the reg desk for the week-end and really enjoyed it. Was nice to meet some more of the boards crew too.

Clocked out Sunday at 6:30. Bar. Home 7:00am. Ugh.

Met up with everyone Monday for for pre-tourney drinks then off to Connie's Cue Club tourney. Donked out in fabulous fashion as usual and off to the Grand. The liver is blessing me today.

Carlsberg didn't do Killarney, but if they did.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭corkie123

killarney report

well were do i start only at the start i suppose . well first table was a nice quiet type table with just one nut job to my right ( yuletired). Who only wanted to pull the legs off spiders but what else can u expect from him . now as u can see it was a boring type of table but not one u get yourself in trouble with finished at first break with 22k . we came back from break and table was broken up and over to table 14 i went which turned out to be a nice table as well but the players here were bit better than other table and i had to watch what i was doing here . Went up to 26k here before i was asked first real question of tourie having AQ on a AT 6 flop checked to me i bet out 1k to be reraised to 2.5k here i should have thought this out more but still called . On turn of 5 he now bet out 3k with 7 k behind i called on river he went all in for his 7 k which in the end i called lol AK should have known . lobbed along for rest of night just watching two of the guys hammering each other with A high calls on river to be right on all occastions .i finished night with 10350 chips so was happy enough .

came back sat to my lovely table to get a quick double up when i floped set 7s and went on great run which had me at 65k after first 2 hrs .
    Back from break things got very interesting for me when on small blind i flat called with A2 to be reaised by BB 4k more so deceided to call and see a flop AQ2 tu said I checking for him to go all in called he having A8 but for 60k plus pot poker gods were not on my side as he hit 8 on river .

few hds later we went on another break which was nice for me to clear my head from that beat. When we came back our table was been broken and i went over to my new table which after a few hds i could see it was allin or nothing here .A few hds later on SB the first player went all in followed by next guy all folded to the button who after 5mins at least folded for me to look at my hd JJ having only 27k i felt triple up or bust so off to the races i went . 55 v AdKd v JJ Wwhich i was very happy about till button told me he folded JJ LOL at him . 4h 6 D 7D FLOP 8d turn 9h river . good buy killarney .

Thoughts to take away from killarney.
    1 Played well i thought so was not unhappy about going out but could have done with a cash haha .
    2 enjoyed the company of Yuletired for the first few hrs that he was with us
    3 The two guys on my second table who went at each other seemly every other hd was none other than emmet gough and thomas rolfe who impressed me both of them with there play congrats to both with there first and second places .

sean

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭max_power

Dealt for Friday, Saturday and most of Sunday, got off early enough on Sunday to have a few pints and watch the Liverpool match, following that shambles went back in to rail the 170 game, had 10% of my mate. Spent the next few hours drinking pints/playing pool, back to the apartments for cans, back for more pints until the final table to cheer home my horsie, which was great craic. Chatting to Smurph, who had obviously had a few too, while she railed her husband. It wasn't an uneventful FT anyway, drunk young English guy who claimed he played for Galway United, got 2 penalties and looked like he was about to explode, think it was talked about somewhere else. Anyway, my mate chopped it, cue more cans etc and a messy breakfast back in the apartments. 800 for a 17 euro investment, must start staking more.

Advertisement