Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Technical Issue - Post Appearance

Options
  • 05-10-2009 12:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭

I've noticed a problem with the appearance of my posts from Sept 26th onwards, that is, the FONT command is ignored and treated as ordinary text and displayed, see example below:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=62293962&postcount=4
    Yes, I never have a polling card when I vote because I moved house four years ago and am still at my old address on the electoral register (ok, I’m lazy). I usually bring my passport for ID and they let me vote…. main thing is that you’re on the electoral register; btw, can now be checked online

I used to cut and paste from a word processor into a post and then Boards would interpret it as Arial font and put the relevant format commands before and after the formatted text; the font commands would not be visible when viewing the post until about a week ago when something changed.

It's not a problem in future as I can cut and paste from an unformatted text source but something changed in your software configuration that I think you are unaware of.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Martin 2

Martin 2 wrote: »
    I've noticed a problem with the appearance of my posts from Sept 26th onwards, that is, the FONT command is ignored and treated as ordinary text and displayed, see example below:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=62293962&postcount=4

I used to cut and paste from a word processor into a post and then Boards would interpret it as Arial font and put the relevant format commands before and after the formatted text; the font commands would not be visible when viewing the post until about a week ago when something changed.

It's not a problem in future as I can cut and paste from an unformatted text source but something changed in your software configuration that I think you are unaware of.

Many thanks HelpDesk, you've fixed the problem.

Advertisement