Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crime scene at Ardee St?

Options
  • 05-10-2009 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Anyone know what's going on at Ardee Street, near junction with Cork St? The 121 bus normally goes down that way but was diverted, the road is closed with lots of the crime scene tape outside the pub there -think it's called Ardee House.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Yea it's the Ardee House pub alright, not sure what's going on but it looks like someone deliberately crashed into the corner of the pub on Fri night and pushed in the walls and knocked a pillar. On Sat morning they had stilts preventing the upper floor from collapsing and 3 guards were outside the pub most of the day while builders worked to secure the building. They had the road closed I think in fears the corner of the pub would collapse onto the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 allergic

Unreal.
    Thanks for the info. I guess I should change my username to Nosy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Trying to hurt someone or insurance fraud I'd guess, and I'd guess the latter as on this part of town we like to stroll into the bar and shoot people stone cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 allergic

Good point - would have been a bit wasteful to wreck a car if the intent was to hurt someone. There's easier ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

Was down there Saturday morning and I think it was a digger they used to drive into the corner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

Ah, sure ye know yerself - it was probably only a couple o' fellas havin' a laugh.

Advertisement