Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Santa visit Galway?

• 05-10-2009 12:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Anyone suggest the best place to take 2 kids to see Santa this year - I know it's early but I've heard some places are selling out! Recession - what Recession??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭lasair

Defo the must place is down in the burren...i sells out evey year....its a santa grotto down in the caves..its ment to be magical but busy....
    alternatively im sure some shopping centres may have him although it seems that santa is a dying trade in the shopping centres today...i remember when i was a kid he used to be plastered eveywhere!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭Tinder

The best place to bring kids to see Santa is in Santa's Cottage in Milltown on the N17, the other side of Tuam (towards Ballindine).

They will be open at the weekends and Santa resides in the thatched roofed cottage in the park, they go to a huge effort with a BBQ and music and heated tent for those waiting to go in, always a great atmosphere really gives you the Christmas feeling.

Not sure of the cost but it wont break the bank and all the money goes to the make a wish foundation. And Santa never sells out!

I always think one should avoid seeing Santa in shopping centres, it just lacks sincerity in my opinion.

T

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭greengreen

I agree with Tinder the Milltown one is excellent and more about the kids than any other one i have seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

+1 on the Milltown one. It was my favourite one. Damn, I'm going back this year at the tender age of 20!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Does anyone have Santa's number? Or is booking in advance not necessary?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 slevy

Just found this place - looks like the real Santa!!

http://www.dunsandlecastle.com/santa.html

Anyone been there??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭hamlet1

santa at the aillwee caves in the burren is magical,but you will need to book it now.you wont be dissapointed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

hamlet1 wrote: »
    santa at the aillwee caves in the burren is magical,but you will need to book it now.you wont be dissapointed!

can you book online?

slevy wrote: »
    Just found this place - looks like the real Santa!!

http://www.dunsandlecastle.com/santa.html

Anyone been there??

€27 for a child
    And the adults still have to pay €11
    Jasus a bit steeeeep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 inspired09

I was at Santa's Cottage, Milltown last year & would highly recommend it.
    €10 for children, no charge for adults. Nice gifts too, not cheap plastic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

alibabba wrote: »
    €27 for a child
    And the adults still have to pay €11
    Jasus a bit steeeeep

:eek::eek::eek:

As its getting a little bit closer i thought id post the dates & times of Santa's Cottage Milltown that i saw advertised earlier today.
    Opening dates in December:
    Sat 12th
    Sun 13th
    Sat 19th
    Sun 20th 14.30 - 19.00 each day.

:)

inspired09 wrote: »
    As its getting a little bit closer i thought id post the dates & times of Santa's Cottage Milltown that i saw advertised earlier today.
    Opening dates in December:
    Sat 12th
    Sun 13th
    Sat 19th
    Sun 20th 14.30 - 19.00 each day.

:)

PRices ?

€10 Admission for children to Santa's Cottage (adults free).
    Money goes to he Make a Wish foundation.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 oranmoregal

www.mykidstime.ie usually has santy suggestions at this time of year

last year we went to Athenry Heritage Centre thought it was great and the kids enjoyed it as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Arnold Layne

Do you have to book for Santa's Cottage in Milltown?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 kitti

You do not need to book in advance for Santas Cottage Milltown.
    For more infomation see www.santascottagemilltown.com :)

kitti wrote: »
    You do not need to book in advance for Santas Cottage Milltown.
    For more infomation see www.santascottagemilltown.com :)

Looks good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭Tinder

Can't wait for the Santa in Milltown, it always signifies the start of Christmas for me and the family. We always head out there once or twice before Christmas. Once for Santa and once for dinner in Finns. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭babycheeks

Has anyone ever been to the Slieve Aughty Centre in Loughrea for Santa? Looks lovely on the website but it's €20 per child so a lot pricer than Santa’s Cottage in Milltown. Went to the Heritage centre in Athenry last year and that was really good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Milltown would be my recommendation as well, hopefully the floods didn't wreck the cottage.

We brought our kids to the Ailwee caves last year, very atmospheric (providing you're not claustrophobic), excellent overall but a long way to travel.

One place I would not recommend is Turoe Pet Farm, went there 2 years ago and it was waaay overpriced, only a few animals to be seen, very cheap toys and I also remember a pretty smelly giant bouncy castle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭hamlet1

went to santa in milltown today.santa and his cottage not bad but a few things bugged me.it was a bit chaotic in with santa because the admission fee was being taken right beside santa and the photograph printer was also there.our money was taken by a nine year old who was a bit agressive !I also feel that the helpers could have been more elfy looking,some of them looked like county council workers in hi vis jackets.there was no magical atmosphere, unlike the ailiwee caves which is truly wonderful.the price is good though and the presents were decent.but i would rather atmosphere!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭babycheeks

I was in milltown today as well. Very disappointing. Had to queue for absolutely ages and ages. :(

enough said, i've heard enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 bernie32

I visited Santa's Cottage at the weekend too and there was a great atmosphere. Yes it was very busy but hardly surprising when the prices are still €10 for children and the mums, dads, grandparents.... all get in free.

My two little boys have been for the last 3 years now and truely believe that is where Santa lives.

I think the helpers down at Santa's Cottage do a great job :) They are all volunteers giving up their time to raise money for the Make A Wish Foundation and Tuam Cancer Care - even the little 9 year old boy giving up his weekends to help Santa.....Well Done to you all. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭blond45

what about glendeer pet farm? they have it like lapland. snow and real animals. look it up on www.glendeer pet farm athlone..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

hamlet1 wrote: »
    Was there a few days ago and really liked it. It was busy but not cramped and they had some rides for the kids while waiting to see Santa. Mulled wine and mince pies for the adults. Think we paid just over 50 for two adults and a child. Well worth it imo. The elves were great craic!

The tunnel leading to Santa, scary stuff :)
    7344a.jpg

Santa with some kids
    59753.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 doodlebugs

hi just happened to be in milltown co galway yesterday, and boy i glad we were. the three kids went to see santa in his lovely thatched cottage. What a thrill, the roaring fire, santas bedroom and the great man himself...........he was absolutly fab. All this is done by volunteers i cant beleive how much work they put into it, all profits are going to make a wish and tuam cancer care. WELL DONE TO ALL INVOLVED, if you are around Milltowm i recommend a visit i hear santa will be there next weekend also. sat & sun 2.30-7.0:):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 doodlebugs

babycheeks wrote: »
    I was in milltown today as well. Very disappointing. Had to queue for absolutely ages and ages. :(
    i think the wait was worth it....dont forget these are all volunteers and all the profits go to charity, i have been every year for 4 years now and would not miss it. well done to all involved:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭mndgz

was anyone in milltown yesterday? how busy was it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement