Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a bike

Options
  • 05-10-2009 12:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi

what would be the best ladies bike to buy for commuting to & from work with the occasional spin. Something light and not to expenisve. plus anyone bought a bike on ebay?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,085 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Depends on how tall you are and how much you want to spend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭sunnydelight

hi

I am 5ft 6" and would spend max €300.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,085 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

That's tall enough that you don't need a women-specific bike. One of the smaller sizes (e.g. 50cm or 52cm) in mens bikes will probably fit you fine; this gives you more choice.

I wouldn't buy a new bike off ebay.

€300 won't get you a great bike, new. €350-€400 is usually the starting point for something that won't fall apart, e.g. Carrera Subway from Halfords. Unless you buy used, in which case €300 is plenty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭sunnydelight

Lumen wrote: »
    That's tall enough that you don't need a women-specific bike. One of the smaller sizes (e.g. 50cm or 52cm) in mens bikes will probably fit you fine; this gives you more choice.

I wouldn't buy a new bike off ebay.

€300 won't get you a great bike, new. €350-€400 is usually the starting point for something that won't fall apart, e.g. Carrera Subway from Halfords. Unless you buy used, in which case €300 is plenty.

Cheers for that, I think your right when your spend 300 on a bike you might as well spend a bit more and get something decent

Advertisement