Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadhaven Bay Hotel - Belmullet

Options
  • 05-10-2009 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭

I'm thinking if organising a family get together at the Broadhaven Bay Hotel.
    Any feedback on this hotel would be appreciated.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Have only been there a few times myself, but those who visit it often speak highly of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 char087

had a family birthday there about a year ago, there was about 30 of us, had a meal and cake ect in a small function room which was great, great food and service, room was also decorated by them, Moved into the bar after, there is also a large comfortable lobby area, we didnt finish up till about 5 or so in the morning. I would strongly recommend this hotel for an occasion like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭steph1

I have had lunch there on a few occasions and it is very nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭nayorleck114

I'm thinking if organising a family get together at the Broadhaven Bay Hotel.
    Any feedback on this hotel would be appreciated.
    Thanks.

Great hotel, I suppose they are so far from other towns they make a great effort. (belmullet is not near anywhere)

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Coileach dearg

Great hotel, I suppose they are so far from other towns they make a great effort. (belmullet is not near anywhere)

Sure Belmullet is near Belmullet, what more do ya want!

The Broadhaven is the finest hotel in the country, I've been to hotels in Hawaii and all over the world and nothing comes close to the Broadhaven. Fine night club as well. I had my reservations when the auld Web closed but the Haven is some spot. The 15th of August (the logha) was the best morning/day/night I ever had out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 solas geal

It's definitely not the best hotel in the country (?!) but it's fine. Pretty generic 4ish star hotel. Not much character but does the job. Rooms are nice, bar is grand, not taking away from it but for example don't go expecting a wow factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

the food is nothing special - it's definitely not fine dining but what they lack in finesse they make up in sheer quantity [i.e., ye'll get a great feed!!!:p].

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

Have stayed in it on three occasions and couldn't complain about it. There was one occasion when the food did not come as quickly as one would expect but that was all because of the crowd that was there at the time. That alone speaks volumes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

we had a family birthday there a few weeks back; we're about 45 minutes from the hotel and it was the first time i was really there besides having a cup of coffee a few years back.
    have to say its a nice place; rooms are nice. ended up having the family dinner in a section of the bar cos a wedding was on; food was ok... not up to 'restaurant' standard but plenty of it.
    they put on a gorgeous cake and had decorations set up and all. there was oldie music in the front bar around 11 onwards and then around 1am some of us went to the Haven nightclub.... now the last time i was in Belmullet we were in a place called the Web and it was wild.... the haven has taken over the wild tag as well... great spot and good music. ended up in the residents bar until about 3.30am as well.
    i had a hangover for 2 days after that nite. would recommend for the lively atmosphere and the good hospitality for a birthday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Condoms

Nice area

Great hotel

• Advertisement
Advertisement