Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Massive dish pointing straight upwards

• 05-10-2009 1:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭

This is kind of a 'foreign satellite' issue, so bear with me.

I was in Brugges over the weekend and noticed a house with a huge (5m diameter at least) dish stuck on the top of the roof. I didn't get a photo unfortunately, but it was a wire-mesh dish (looked from the distance like it was chicken-wire type) and it was pointing straight up and not off above the horizon.

Thinking about it, given the size and orientation I guess it's pretty unlikely to be a sat dish and more likely to be a radio-yokie. Just wondering if anyone knows what it would be pointed at and what would be picked up ?

z

Comments

Advertisement