Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Jet Screensaver

• 05-10-2009 1:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Have had my jet about 3 weeks now and still cant find where to change the meteor screensaver? anyone know have looked all over the web and no answers.
    Please help...I really hate the colour orange.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

shlen wrote: »
    Have had my jet about 3 weeks now and still cant find where to change the meteor screensaver? anyone know have looked all over the web and no answers.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'Meteor Screensaver' actually. Do you mean the wallpaper for the three desktop screens?

I have three different Images set as my desktops and I just did that when viewing each Image by selecting the 'Set As .. '.

You can also do it in 'Themes' settings ..

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭SUNGSAM

Hi

I think its the same problem i'm having. When the phone is locked it still has a Meteor wallpaper. Is there any way to change this?

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 finnian

Just got mine from Meteor at the weekend, same problem - can't get rid of or change the Meteor Apprentice screensaver.

I'm calling in to them today so I'll let you know what they say...

Don't think its a quick fix though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 shlen

when the phone is on lock mode the picture displayed is a meteor
    (my network) background. I am able to cahnge the wallpaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 L1saG

I have the same problem, only got my phone last weekend, and have spoken to Meteor and Samsung about it. Both came back with the same answer. Its a permanent screen saver. It's locked down onto the phone and there is no way to get it off!!!

This is definitely a deal breaker for me, because my hold screen/ screen saver reads "The Apprentice, brought to you by Meteor".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Hmmm, I was considering this phone, but this would put me off in a big way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 The Flash Duck

I have been in 2 minds about this phone since I got it at the weekend (suffering from a little buyers remorse!) but this 'Apprentice' wallpaper is extremely annoying... i'm going to see if i can return the phone

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭pwwillia

Was on the meteor forum with one of the mods and they said that it cant be changed according to their tech people. So unless theres a firmware update which gets rid of it, i think we're stuck with it. Its just a pain and its something i hope doesn't start to creep into other phones where you have this unwanted publicity of tv shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭AfterDusk

I agree that it's an annoyance, but for God's sake, it's one of the best phones on the market. Some even view it as 'better than the iPhone'. There's absolutely no need to return it over the screensaver when the phone is locked. I've seen this screensaver on other models in the Meteor range anyway, so you won't escape it.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Kanedmick

But if one were to get it unlocked, not saying I would of course, but if for some reason I found myself with an unlocked Jet originally from Meteor, would it be possible to reset the Screensaver then?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Kanedmick wrote: »
    But if one were to get it unlocked, not saying I would of course, but if for some reason I found myself with an unlocked Jet originally from Meteor, would it be possible to reset the Screensaver then?

No, but if it was stolen from you and the new owner got it flashed to a newer firmware, well then they would have a Jet without the orange Meteor screensaver.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ostritch

shlen wrote: »
    I have a Jet with the same problem After about three weeks of explaining the problem to various people in the Meteor shop and waiting for them to get back to me, they have now said they can send away my phone to get the original software put back on and remove The Apprentice for good. My phone went off last Thursday and hofully it'll be back soon without any mention of that awful TV show anywhere!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 shlen

Did your phone come back okay? okay i mean apprentice and orange free?

Phone came back last Monday after 3 weeks gone for repair at "Sigma" (and suffereing a crappy broken replacement phone all the while). Nothing changed on the phone. They fixed nothing. Have had 40 minute argument with customer care yesterday. They claim it cant be removed full stop! They also think (although they're not sure - how wonderful!) that it will dissappear once the apprentice is over... The supervisor is to ring me in the next 24-48 hours to "explain" the situation to me. I will be "explaining" that they better either get the apprentice off now or give me a new apprentice-free phone, full-stop.

I got the phone on the 1st of October and after many times calling in to the Meteor shop and phoning them during October, the shop agreed to send it away on the 28th. Cutomer Care yesterday mentioned that if there was a problem within 14 days I could have canceled my contract and after 28 days I could have gotten a replacement phone if anything was wrong. It seems a bit more than a coincidence that they didn't send it away till 28 days later. Anywho ill report back with my progress...

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭AfterDusk

ostritch wrote: »
    Phone came back last Monday after 3 weeks gone for repair at "Sigma" (and suffereing a crappy broken replacement phone all the while). Nothing changed on the phone. They fixed nothing. Have had 40 minute argument with customer care yesterday. They claim it cant be removed full stop! They also think (although they're not sure - how wonderful!) that it will dissappear once the apprentice is over... The supervisor is to ring me in the next 24-48 hours to "explain" the situation to me. I will be "explaining" that they better either get the apprentice off now or give me a new apprentice-free phone, full-stop.

I got the phone on the 1st of October and after many times calling in to the Meteor shop and phoning them during October, the shop agreed to send it away on the 28th. Cutomer Care yesterday mentioned that if there was a problem within 14 days I could have canceled my contract and after 28 days I could have gotten a replacement phone if anything was wrong. It seems a bit more than a coincidence that they didn't send it away till 28 days later. Anywho ill report back with my progress...

It's just a screensaver fgs..................

fgs? factory generated setting or something? I googled it quickly but found nothing...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,091 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

ostritch wrote: »
    fgs? factory generated setting or something? I googled it quickly but found nothing...

For Gods Sake!

O right. Thanks. IHA

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭paddym1

I bought a Jet from the UK that was locked to Orange, and had pretty crappy "Orange" wallpaper and other "stuff".
    I had it unlocked and debranded at a shop in Tallaght (mobile phone solutions)
    This included the latest software update, and I can now have any wallpaper I want.
    However, there is now a new software update available which I loaded myself - the main difference I noticed with this update is that you can move the applications around on the 3 different menu screens (very useful to customise one screen with your most commonly used items.
    However, according to some of the forums I have seen, if you go down this road, you may risk some warranty problems...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭DigiGal

Has anyone been able to fix this now that the apprentice is over. My OH got a brand new Samsung for christmas and if he asks me one more time how to get the apprentice thing off his phone i'll deck him!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement