Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike Fitting on the West Coast

• 05-10-2009 2:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Anyone know of a good place for Bike Fitting on the West Coast? Not just bike selling places please, I have wonky knees and would like to give a "proper" setup a shot.

I'm in Limerick, but would travel to Cork/Galway/Kerry/Tipp. I know of the other thread for Dublin fitting places, but it's a bit of a haul if there was somewhere closer.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,431 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

you could try this guy

http://www.marreytrainingsystems.com/

but he's not answered my email so i havent got an appointment (otherwise i would go)

so i'm still looking for someone in the northwest

might be he cant bothered doing bike fits i guess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Padraig Marrey definitely does fittings. I know people that he has fitted. Surprised there was no response. I got a fitting here and was very happy with the service.

Also, I can get a contact number for Marrey's if you like. I could PM it to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,431 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

thanks but phone numbers on his website anyway just hadnt got round to ringing might try and find someone closer

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭L'Enfer du Nord

thanks but phone numbers on his website anyway just hadnt got round to ringing might try and find someone closer

Nigel's in Galway are good for fitting, or should I say he's good, not sure about the other staff.

http://www.nigelscycles.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

The main difference being that Nigel does the fitting off look and feel whereas the others use video, exact measurements, etc.

Nigel certainly does a great job. The adjustments for me were quite minor when I went to James. Nigel fitted it originally for me in the shop.

• Advertisement
Advertisement