Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish high roller cash

Options
  • 05-10-2009 2:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭

£20,000 EPT London High Roller (75 Players)
    1 Matthew Glantz American £542,000
    2 Erik Cajelais Canadian £326,000
    3 Eugene Katchalov American £193,000
    4 Adolfo Vaeza Uruguayan £141,000
    5 Leo Fernandez Argentinian £104,000
    6 Ilari Sahamies Finland £74,000
    7 Dennis Phillips American £60,000
    8 Shane Reihill Irish £45,000

Who is Shane Rehill ? Where is he from ? Anyone have any ideas ?

Congrats to him anyway !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

chairman of Trinity Venture Capital perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭strewelpeter

Never heard of him being playing cards before this but he's probably the Shane Rehill whose family own's Tedcastles and is with his brother involved in Trinity Venture Capital.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭Pulsar Eagle

Never heard of him being playing cards before this but he's probably the Shane Rehill whose family own's Tedcastles and is with his brother involved in Trinity Venture Capital.

ya Tedcastle Oil is the family Business afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

Ok he cashed, but is it worthy of a new thread?? If he can afford the buy in of 20K, he's hardly going to be doing somersaults cos he won 45K?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

I seem to remember this dude playing in the Aquarium a while back and causing a mad 1/2/5/10 NL game to break out for a couple of weeks

usually had an unlit cigarette in his mouth if it's the same guy

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭mickste

Thats him Glynn. He came in and tried to buy in for 5g in the 1/2pl game. That was at least a year ago if not longer though, knows swar if memory serves me right

mickste wrote: »
    Thats him Glynn. He came in and tried to buy in for 5g in the 1/2pl game. That was at least a year ago if not longer though, knows swar if memory serves me right

more like 2 years ago I think, he came in about 4/5 times in the space of a fortnight and usually bought in for about 3k or so and then played about 80% of hands, triple barrelling most of them! It was pretty obvious that this was like playing .02/.04 to him, good fun and a nice fella. He paid for my Christmas that year ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭mikethemouth

careca - take a chill pill . if the moderator feels the thread is unnecessary please feel free to lock down.

personally I feel its a valid thread. any high profile cash from an Irish poker player should be acknowleged imo regardless of their financial background.

if I remember rightly, this dude put a horrendous beat on ollyk1 for about 2k

• Advertisement

in that case, he is my hero

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

You may be thinking of this guy:

SamFarha_lg.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭strewelpeter

I think I was in for one or two of those games. Good thing that I didn't realise at the time that I work for one of his companies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Whyno

5k into a 1/2 game.Jasus i may get out more.He was probably playing it like the playmoney tables.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭bottom feeder

He did, cant remember the hand tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

careca - take a chill pill . if the moderator feels the thread is unnecessary please feel free to lock down.

personally I feel its a valid thread. any high profile cash from an Irish poker player should be acknowleged imo regardless of their financial background.

Fair enough. No harm meant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

Thanks for reminding me.
    in that case, he is my hero

Stick to your cheapass Cavan love nest you!
    :p

Nut straight versus second nut straight but he backdoored a flush for about 1.7k.

Nice fella though and I'm delighted to hear he's still playing the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭sendic

ollyk1 wrote: »
    I'm delighted to hear he's still playing the game.

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭SWAR

mickste wrote: »

Ah I remember him, came in 3-4 times over the space of 2 weeks...ye it was about 2 years ago I'd say.

Didn't really know him only that he was a nice enough fella...bit of a lunatic and created great action at the table...huge value in that particular game. I think I remember him saying he used to play the big cash game fairly regularly in the Vic. Our 1-2-5 NL game was a bit of fun for him.

he also played in a quality 1/2/5 PLO game one night - this it was around the time of a mini festival and the plo tourney was on that day. I can recall myself, Jerry Jones, KP Nuts, Michael Trimby and a few others were in the game. IIRC he took KP out by the roots courtesy of a number of backdoor draws.

• Advertisement

:)
    ollyk1 wrote: »
    lol :rolleyes:

Details for those who like to hear about car crashes....

Whale was been pwned a few times and is probably stuck something like €1.5k - €2k. His mate in the plh game has stopped playing and is looking to leave and having put him off for the last 40 minutes Whale now declares he’s playing his last three hands. He gets involved until the turn in his third last hand with a complete bag of cabbage and so it’s obvious (if it wasn’t before) that he’ll be playing the last two hands as well!!

He’s playing €1.5k and I have €850.

I get AdKc utg +1 (this is after 1/2/5/10 blinds).

I raise to €50 and the Whale is my only caller.

Pot €120

Flop comes QhJdTd

I lead out for €80 with the nuts and the Whale smooth calls.

Turn is an offsuit Ace. I bet €200 and the Whale ships all-in. I sigh as its clear he has a king and has managed to get me for a chop as I call off the rest of my stack.

We both turn over our hands as the Whale declares “I’m freerolling”. He has Kd9d!!! WTF!!! :eek:

He had flopped the second nuts with a redraw and had been slowplaying me on the flop when I had the nuts. It would have all gone in on the turn/river anyway as long as the cards had been bricks. That's bad enough but will it get worse?

I stand up and turn slightly away from the table hoping that the €1700 pot will be chopped as I turn away not able to look. The table gasps at the river card. Qd. He has a straight flush to the king.

Burned in style.

I congratulate him on his hand as he apologies for winning. Sigh. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭bottom feeder

:)
    Jaysus, i rememebr now. that was so sick. i agree with other posts - chap was sound enough but was a fu@king looper! i actually made a nice few quid off him as well. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭mikethemouth

careca wrote: »
    Fair enough. No harm meant.

none taken dude :)

Advertisement