Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bus Crash this morning on the M1?

• 05-10-2009 2:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭

Was anyone on the bus on the M1 this morning that collided with 1 or 2 white vans? It was one of the buses that Iarnrod Eireann had on hire to bring people from Drogheda to Connolly.

Just wondering (there was nothing on the news about it) were the occupants of the vans OK?

Was on the bus myself but we were moved to a replacement bus so don't know if everyone was OK.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 soccer_mom

hi
    I too was on that bus. As far as i know the guy who was hit is ok. My friend was one of the people on the front of the bus and subsequently taken in an ambulance. I rang her later in the morning to see how she was and to see if she had met/seen any of the others. One other lady who was taken off in an ambulance appeared to be doing ok and my friend said she heard the doctors talking to what seemed like the man who was hit. He appeared to be ok and had a broken arm from what she could make out.
    God help that poor bus driver as i believe he was in a bad way.
    I wasnt the better of it myself afterwards. I thought I was ok but I wasnt. By the time I got to work the shock set in and I was sent home. I was very upset for a good while.
    It doesnt bear thinking about how lucky we were and what could have happened. Thank god no one was seriously injured.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭triple-M

wow,buses around the gearter dublin area have been having alot of misfortune lately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭musicfan

Yeah, buses def not having a good time of it at the moment.....

Soccer-mum, glad to hear everyone was OK and as you say, it was lucky everyone wasn't seriously injured....was the driver in a bad way injured or in a bad way in shock?

I've just found since Monday, I feel nervous everytime a driver slams the brakes on which in many times every journey. I know there are occassions when driving that you have to slam on the brakes but I don't know what it is maybe the drivers are just speeding along and leaving it till the last minute to brake and everyone lurches forward on the bus.........

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭prodigal_son

Buses do go very fast outside the city, they overtake on motorways and stuff, they are often under very strict time schedules, which means they dont have time to sit behind someone going a bit slow, and they have to drive as fast as possible.

Its thought on average, even the best trained driver will make 2 mistakes an hour.

I found myself nervous last time i was on an aircoach, I used to use buses all the time, and used to use aircoaches a lot, but now, im very nervous when i get on them the way they drive.

They used to get you there on time, but used to be a more relaxed journey, now it is like they have half the time to get you there, and have to do it in a panic.

Saying that, van drivers are not known for their driving either.

Maybe some sort of higher standard driving test, with it illegal to put time constraints on a driver for a journey whether bus or van. Force them to take it a bit easier.

What wold it really add to the journey? 5 - 10 mins at most imo.

Advertisement