Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poor credit history

Options
  • 05-10-2009 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭

How bad does your credit need to be before you get rejected for a mortgage? My history is a little sketchy with the odd missed credit card payment, I have had loads of loans fully paid off and no missed payments. I'm a bit worried about it at the moment. Do you need a perfect credit rating?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Depends on the size of the loan and your current financial standing. Mortgages are hard to come by at present, but if you're in a solid job for at least 2 years, making a good wage, you're going for a term under 25 years and the repayments make up no more than 20% of your take-home pay, then it's doubtful that they'd have any issue whatsoever.

It's real piece of string stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

check out http://www.icb.ie/
    you can order a copy of your own credit report that the banks/building societies will get when you apply for a loan...

although i have missed a few payments on a car loan a number of years ago, i got 2 of these reports and nothing was reported on the report atall (not even the payments i did make which i understood would be there)... I did get rejected for credit cards and loans.
    so obviously they have other rating type protocols.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

What kind of things affect credit histories? Would things like NTL bills come into play?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

No, only "credit agreements" - i.e. loans are taken into account. So any loans from banks or other financial institutions, as well as credit cards and hire purchase agreements. Bills are not taken into account.

www.icb.ie

Advertisement