Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New N21 Bypasses up on midwestroads.ie

Options
  • 05-10-2009 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭

Just look at the website last night , they had to new Adare bypass route again and also the options for another Croagh/Rathkeale bypass and a Bypass for Newcastle West and Abbeyfeale.

Adare bypass route is a south route from Croom M20 (yet to be created road) to clonshire (west of adare):
    http://www.midwestroads.ie/N21%20Adare%20Bypass/Adare%20Route_Selection.htm

I expect the Adare bypass to be completed after NAMA is paid off

Croagh/Rathkeale/Newcastle West/Abbeyfeale Bypass route options.
    http://www.midwestroads.ie/N21%20Abbeyfeale%20Adare/Pdf/Brochure.pdf

I expect parts of the Newly selected roads will be either flooded or cause more floods around Newcastle West and Castlemahon Areas where the routes follow through over the Deel and Arra rivers. They need to plan these routes more carefully to allow for the ease of flooding in to the natural flood plains. I do not see Floods Areas in their constraints reports.
    I expect this road to be built after I get my pension in 30 years time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

limklad wrote: »
    Just look at the website last night , they had to new Adare bypass route again and also the options for another Croagh/Rathkeale bypass and a Bypass for Newcastle West and Abbeyfeale.

Adare bypass route is a south route from Croom M20 (yet to be created road) to clonshire (west of adare):
    http://www.midwestroads.ie/N21%20Adare%20Bypass/Adare%20Route_Selection.htm

I expect the Adare bypass to be completed after NAMA is paid off

Croagh/Rathkeale/Newcastle West/Abbeyfeale Bypass route options.
    http://www.midwestroads.ie/N21%20Abbeyfeale%20Adare/Pdf/Brochure.pdf

I expect parts of the Newly selected roads will be either flooded or cause more floods around Newcastle West and Castlemahon Areas where the routes follow through over the Deel and Arra rivers. They need to plan these routes more carefully to allow for the ease of flooding in to the natural flood plains. I do not see Floods Areas in their constraints reports.
    I expect this road to be built after I get my pension in 30 years time.
    Seriously hope they don't select the orange route going south of Croagh, otherwise we'll have a motorway going through our back garden. And the red route north of Glantine, thats going through Sugar Hill, hilly as fcuk! And to the south Mountcollins, almost as hilly. They'll have a major job on their hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭trail man

grenache wrote: »
    Seriously hope they don't select the orange route going south of Croagh, otherwise we'll have a motorway going through our back garden. And the red route north of Glantine, thats going through Sugar Hill, hilly as fcuk! And to the south Mountcollins, almost as hilly. They'll have a major job on their hands.

well the red route goes through my back garden in glantine and some of my neigbours houses are in its path so they will have to be knocked the path is actually meenoline which is not that hilly and follows close to the old railway line in places...
    dont want it...

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭munsterdevil

The black line going north of Adare makes way more sense than the blue preferred one. Everything is always done backwards in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Oh thank God - I thought I was going senile. Someone else agrees with me about the route north of the village - why bring people on a severe left turn and down past the woodlands and then back around again? Seems like a longer journey - might as well just keep going through Adare at that rate! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

The black line going north of Adare makes way more sense than the blue preferred one. Everything is always done backwards in this country.

On the Adare bypass I Agree. Some in in the NRA/midwestroads must be from Croom. It can only explain the madness in the way the Southern route was done. I can understand why choose an southern route i.e. Cheaper bridge across the Maigue river, but that route path makes no sense to me.

I matched both images of both set of bypasses and have an image from AbbeyFeale to M20 (Croom) and is attached.

• Advertisement

From the Image (From last Post) I attached of the Routes. What routes would you prefer?

Here is mine, It is mainly the Blue Route. My Path is in Pink

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I like the green route

I like the green route
    That like saying you like Traffic Jams and staying behind erratic slow drivers going through NCW with the Traffic Lights on.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭trail man

abbeyfeale is worse..

Advertisement