Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

European GPS System - EGNOS

• 05-10-2009 2:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭

Engadget has an article on the launch of the EGNOS (European Geostationary Navigation Overlay Service) that launched last Thursday. It will boost existing satellite satellite signals and increase accuracy for the 27 EU member states, down to 2 metres, and is fully compatible with existing GPS/SBAS receivers, which offer accuracy down to 10 metres. Further information can be found here.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

u still need a GPS receiver that supports WAAS. mine doesn't i dont think. but i might get a Foretrex 401 i think that does

i thought there was a separate GPS forum?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Dankoozy wrote: »
    u still need a GPS receiver that supports WAAS. mine doesn't i dont think. but i might get a Foretrex 401 i think that does

Correction; you need a GPS receiver that has support for Satellite Based Augmentation System(s) (SBAS), which WAAS and EGNOS both are.

In addition, GPS receivers are used together with handsets all the time and that is why the thread was created here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

i dont think too many phones support WAAS

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Dankoozy wrote: »
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=889

Advertisement