Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eight Letters!!!!!!!

• 05-10-2009 2:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭

Is it any wonder the HSE is banjaxed. EIGHT appointment letters just arrived in my letter box. All the same, all put in envelopes and franked.

Someone had to print these off and post them. Did it never occur to them that maybe one would be enough?

Did they think the big bad postman would hide them or something?

Riv

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

RiverWilde wrote: »
    Is it any wonder the HSE is banjaxed. EIGHT appointment letters just arrived in my letter box. All the same, all put in envelopes and franked.

Someone had to print these off and post them. Did it never occur to them that maybe one would be enough?

Riv

I'd be more worried about them letting pensioners die on trolleys in corridors than a mistake being made in sending out too many appointment letters.

But hey, that's just me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Riv

Perhaps they wanted to get their point across, and stress the importance of the appointment, then again they may now be using Windows Vista protocols, and assume that you didn't understand the first 7.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    I'd be more worried about them letting pensioners die on trolleys in corridors than a mistake being made in sending out too many appointment letters.

But hey, that's just me.

Not when they have to tip the pensioner onto the floor, so's they can use the trolley to carry some guy's appointment envelopes to the franking machine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Long Onion

Harney gets 6 so they can reserve the correct number of beds for her ...

... dont be late for the gastric banding OP, that costs money.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

If this is the calibre of the staff they have working for them no wonder people are dying on trollies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Anyone else think this was gonna be a request for help with a crossword?

:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

You should tell them.

If there is an error in their printing system then they should know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭RiverWilde

Ah yeah when I go to the hosp. for the appointment and they ask for my appointment letter I can ask them which one they'd like :D

Riv

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Health Minister announces that hospital appointments are up by 20%

It will be noted somewhere that they made 8 appointments and a consultant saw 8 patients.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

eviltwin wrote: »
    If this is the calibre of the staff they have working for them no wonder people are dying on trollies.
    Yes, I've always found the admin staff to be severely lacking in medical knowledge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Riv

Maybe you've Schizophrenia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

davyjose wrote: »
    Maybe you've Schizophrenia

I used to be schizophrenic but we're okay now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

DonJose wrote: »
    I used to be schizophrenic but we're okay now.

i used to have Attention deficit disorder, but I'm ... ooh a dog with a puffy tail

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

I love when somebody has a problem the first thing they do is complain on the internetz... it's facepalm.

The film Idocracy (sp?) springs to mind. Really though... People can't do much thinking for themselves :(

OP, ring the HSE, explain the problem, maybe they can fix it. I am sure boards.ie can't...

We all need to rant and rave, which is great, but do something about it first... really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

But hey, that's just me.
    But they're interlinked. The HSE seems to be directing its funds into unnecessary administration (I remember getting two duplicate letters from them once all right, but eight?!) and as a result, the areas within it where the money is really needed are suffering.

Dudess wrote: »
    But they're interlinked. The HSE seems to be directing its funds into unnecessary administration (I remember getting two duplicate letters from them once all right, but eight?!) and as a result, the areas within it where the money is really needed are suffering.

I was being facetious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

Obviously some of harney's eating letters got accidentally mixed up with the regular ones and sent out.

*I should do more harney posts*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭Kipperhell

People are aware that most letter sent out don't really have much interaction with people? The letters are printed, folded , put in envelopes and franked in one machine. Likely a computer fault but it can be a user entering information incorrectly. It is not uncommon for a user to refuse to use the software as directed and cause processing errors.

Had a guy process a file 6 times and then complain that there were 6 copies produced and that it was a program flaw. The original spec. had suggested a file control system to prevent such events but it was removed as the staff "would never do that". The cost of the mistake was about half the cost of the coding costs but the mistake could happen again and is likely.

The duplicates I got were definitely two different letters, signed by two different middle managers (so not literally "duplicates" I suppose) but both concerning the exact same thing. I'd imagine poor communication is no small issue there.
    I was being facetious.
    I know you were, hence my response. I was cuttin' the OP some slack (I think that's what (s)he meant anyway...) :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

EIGHT appointment letters just arrived in my letter box.
    Riv

You have the bad aids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

Never mind that, My father got an out-patients appointment last year but also in the envelope was a medical appointment for a person who lives in the same area, We took them their letter and explained what happened and they were fuming, (The medical procedure for the woman in question was of a personal sensitive nature)!

The HSE and all public healthcare needs to be privatized otherwise there will never be efficiency in the behemoth of a grazy train that is the current setup.

And shur let the poor people eat cake...

Dudess wrote: »
    I know you were, hence my response.

I know you're hence but what am I? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

I thought you were successful at eight interviews. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,360 ✭✭✭Archeron

OP, are you an octopus by any chance? That could explain it, maybe they want to do all 8 ankle operations together.

Advertisement