Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turtle Sanctuary?

Options
  • 05-10-2009 2:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭

Just a quick query... I inherited a yellow belly turtle a few months back off a friend ... and now the little guy has started to get quite large and I feel sorry for as he is rapidly outgrowing his tank. I would get a bigger tank only I dont have room at the moment so I'm wondering if there is any santuary for turtles in Ireland that would take him?

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

I don't know off hand myself - I know a friend of my dad's took on two turtles because the local shelter knew he had the space for them, and had housed a turtle before, but I'd not heard of a sanctuary. Maybe ring your local shelters and ask them if they know of any in your area?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭FAYESY

I can happily help out - I live in Laois but if you can get it to me it can live in our large pond - after it has been quarrentined of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭$lash

Thats great ... That sounds ideal and I would love the little guy to go to a good home - can you send me details?

Cheers.

Advertisement