Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BMW E46 Alloys - correct sizes

• 05-10-2009 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Does anyone know what the max size wheels for a 3series are (E36)...am looking at buying one but the wheels on it are 20" and I'm concerned that they are too big especially as he has the sports suspension. I've heard that this can damage the gearbox also - anyone have any advise?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

20" :eek: the standard size is 15"
    what size tyres are on them?

any pictures?

i would think those alloys wouln't last long on bumpy roads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 222 ✭✭keithg89

20" on an e36:eek:
    jesus i have 17" on mine and i wouldnt dream of going bigger

• Registered Users Posts: 42 CelticCub

no idea how to do the pic thing - apparently they are 19's...but they still look very close to the wheel arch especially with the sports suspension

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

CelticCub wrote: »
    no idea how to do the pic thing - apparently they are 19's...but they still look very close to the wheel arch especially with the sports suspension

that's an E46 to start with

Looks nice and tidy. I wouldn't go with them wheels though because I like to be able to drive up a bad road if i want to. Plus tire prices and god dam speed bumps are going to be taken at snail pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 CelticCub

typo on the E36/36 thing!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

CelticCub wrote: »
    typo on the E36/36 thing!

Fixed that for ya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭sunshinediver

Judging from the front air dam the car in the pic seems to have been lowered also. 19" on an E46 with M suspension will definetely hurt your bum. 18" the limit for me. Until i get me an E92 M3 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭ondafly

I have 19" on my E46 and its perfectly fine for everyday use - that car in the pic looks like its running 20"

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Judging from the front air dam the car in the pic seems to have been lowered also. 19" on an E46 with M suspension will definetely hurt your bum. 18" the limit for me. Until i get me an E92 M3 :D

19" wheels work ok with the E46 M3 without rubbing etc, and ive seen 19" on alot of E46's without issues too.
    best bet is to double check the width of the tyre too.

Advertisement