Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Public Transport to Ballymunn.

Options
  • 05-10-2009 4:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭

right, iv an interview to go to in ballymunn on thursday. Iv to go in from maynooth. im wondering, if i get the train from maynooth, can i catch a bus from druncondra station to ballymunn, or would it make more sense to get the bus and then another one from o'connoll street.
    also, how long would it take for me to get from o'connoll street to the town centre in ballymunn?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,309 ✭✭✭markpb

right, iv an interview to go to in ballymunn on thursday. Iv to go in from maynooth. im wondering, if i get the train from maynooth, can i catch a bus from druncondra station to ballymunn, or would it make more sense to get the bus and then another one from o'connoll street.
    also, how long would it take for me to get from o'connoll street to the town centre in ballymunn?

The only bus you can get from Drumcondra station to Ballymun is the 13A. It takes about 20-30 minutes depending on traffic to get from the start at Merrion Sq to Drumcondra and another 10-15 minutes to Ballymun. From town you can get the 4, 4A, 13 or 13A. I guess it would take about 30 minutes from the city centre.

There's also an express bus (46x) from Dun Laoghaire to Ballymun which leaves at 7.30 but I've no idea what time it goes through the city centre or past Dumcondra station at.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BOHSBOHS

13a stop is right outside the station

or if the OP walks one bus stop back towards town from the Drumcondra train station ....they can catch the 13a or the 13 before it scoots up whitworth road

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭the boss of me

No.16 stops at Drumcondra station and terminates in Shanard Rd., Santry which is about five minutes walk from Ballymun town center. Make sure you get a 16 tho and not a 16a. It should take about 20 mins.

Advertisement