Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exporting from Access to Excel

Options
  • 05-10-2009 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭

Is there more to exporting data from Access to Excel than just right-clicking on a table, form or report and selecting "Export"?
    I have been asked to export some data from an Access db to Excel and I have never done it before. Is there some "hidden" stuff I should know?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭bothyhead

Nope that's it. You will have to export each table separately, and each will get exported into their own .XLS file. Once you do this, the XLS file is totally separated from the MDB file: changing data in one will not affect the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

You can link a range or pivot table in an Excel spread sheet to a table or query in an Access database. Once the link is established it can be refreshed on demand.

Advertisement