Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ukbattery.net

Options
  • 05-10-2009 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I bought a replacement laptop battery off this company. All looked ok, however the battery was charged when I received it and now wont charge.

They have fumbled over my requests for a replacement for 3 months, and now I have just found out that they operate out of a Chinese restaurant.

Is there anything I can do? They wont reply anymore to my mails (I commented on the restaurant).

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Not sure there is a lot you can do, claim back from your credit card?

Just one thing you might want to use in the future, if you use Firefox as a browser there is an add on called flagfox which tells you where a sites server is. UKbattery.net is in Hong Kong. It's not foolproof but might give you a bit of a heads up on other sites you haven't used before or trust.

Good luck with getting money/replacement back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CutzEr

Yup, send them one last email stating you are charging it back, and charge it back. If this has really been going on for 3 months, then thats the absolute right thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭LFC Murphy

Ya 3-4 months now.

Thankfully this is my first time getting bitten, so am unsure how to proceed? do I contact my credit card company or what?

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Stevex

I made the mistake of using them too.

The email address from web site order@ukbattery.net does not appear to be read although the one from whois one2freecollection@yahoo.com is. I got the name of Ivy Lam.

After a few days of no response from them and finding this site, i reorder the battery from another site as I need the battery before my wife went away, and tried to cancel ukbattery's order. They appear not to track orders by order no or receipt no, but by address.

Got a few confused email from them until 12 days later the battery arrived and since then all communication has stopped.

Anyone want an unwanted battery.

I used http://www.laptopsandspares.com/ and the battery came the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 caewl

I have also not good experience with UK Battery.net, there is no information at all and now I want to cancel deal with them, but it seems to be very difficult, as they wouldn't reply.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

http://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/www.ukbattery.net

Looks like the Batteries their selling a knockoffs.

I wouldn't recommend using them as cheap fakes have been known to catch fire and explode.

Even the real ones have been known to go kaboom:
    http://www.engadget.com/2006/08/06/another-powerbook-violently-explodes/

I wouldn't chance it, especially when the thing is going to be plugged in at home and probably left unattended from time to time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mixx

They are selling 5200mAh batteries what is fake. Since the energy density is a constant, the mAh rating for each cell with the same physical dimensions and weight is almost exactly the same. What does this mean? It means that there is no such thing as a 5200mAh battery. It is in fact a 4400mAh battery. Anyone trying to sell you a 5200mAh battery do not know anything about what he is selling or he is deliberately cheating you. Also the name ukbattery.net doesn't mean that they are in UK, in fact they are in Singapore so, (if) you’ll get the battery after 3 or more weeks, definitely you have to pay extra VAT and PO Charge.

Advertisement