Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Could I ask a question about a ceremony please?

Options
  • 05-10-2009 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭

Hi, this may be the wrong place to ask this, so please move it if it isn't appropiate. A friend of mine in the States practices Wiccan, and is having a hand-fastening cermony later in the year that I will be attending. Now for various reasons, we've never had the conversation about different belief systems, and so, I'm fairly clueless when it comes to Wicca other than what I've read in wikipedia and brief articles here and there. What I would like to know is, is there anything in particular I should/shouldn't do during the ceremony that could cause disrespect? For example, I was at an Indian friend's wedding recently and guests didn't wear leather, should there be anything similar here I should be aware of? I'm worried that I'd do something inadvertently in my ignorance and in case I didn't think to ask her pre-ceremony.
    Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Honestly there is no set way to do a handfasting I have no idea what type rites maybe in the ritual you will have to ask your friend about it as public handfastings tend to be tailored to the people getting handfasted and what they plan and request.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

Thanks, I'll get on to her so about it. Thanks again :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Your welcome.

Advertisement