Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

leinster senior soccer

• 05-10-2009 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭

lucan vs rathcolle boys last weekend cc welcome

3974826797_8564509bb1.jpg

3975598238_3760c29f44.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Was this free in to shoot?
    I wouldn't mind a go at doing some footy from the touchline.

On to C&C
    I assume the floodlights were not up to LoI standards and it shows in the pictures as I can see a lot of noise and even what I call pre noise reduction red dots.
    #1 Should have at least the green arm player cropped and it should be cropped a bit off the top too....you could also do with having more of the picture "below"
    Action in it is so so but then again I'm only comparing to the normal Footy ball togs from this forum who are top shooters so maybe thats a bit unfair to compare. Although if you know your sport this should not be a problem.
    #2 Is a better crop but you've cut some of the no 10 arms off. Top and bottom space is fine.

A note on the red and white Andy Reid player lookalike in #2, he needs to diet.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭FoxT

Very sharp. Hard to do that in floodlights. I use a 40D with 85mm f/1.8 for night soccer, am interested to know what you shot these with?

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

FoxT wrote: »
    Very sharp. Hard to do that in floodlights. I use a 40D with 85mm f/1.8 for night soccer, am interested to know what you shot these with?

From the EXIF - Canon 1D MkII, ISO 3200, 1/640 sec, f/2.8, using a 70-200mm f/2.8 lens?

Some good picts there alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭FoxT

At risk of wandering off topic..... how did you do this? I cant see it. Photo properties - nope. Go to original photo location...nope...Thanks

When you know how to use FlickR, you can find any photo just from it's filename. Once there, you can see the "More properties" if available (which in this case, they are).

Other than that, there are some exif readers that you can download as plugins for your browser.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Say it was free in, LSL and all.

You can do photos at the touchline in Tolka for Shels matches for future reference.;)

You can do photos at the touchline in Tolka for Shels matches for future reference.;)

I'll bite my tongue here. :D

Roll on Division 1 tomorrow night.

Say it was free in, LSL and all.

I not been at my fluent best but I can't work out your post. :o

How much is it in? I'm a Boh's fan but I got fed up paying 20 euros in, total rip off.
    Now I'm not working I gotta cut my cloth accordingly, division 1!

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭hoganpoly

On to C&C
    I assume the floodlights were not up to LoI standards and it shows in the pictures as I can see a lot of noise and even what I call pre noise reduction red dots.
    #1 Should have at least the green arm player cropped and it should be cropped a bit off the top too....you could also do with having more of the picture "below"
    Action in it is so so but then again I'm only comparing to the normal Footy ball togs from this forum who are top shooters so maybe thats a bit unfair to compare. Although if you know your sport this should not be a problem.
    #2 Is a better crop but you've cut some of the no 10 arms off. Top and bottom space is fine.

A note on the red and white Andy Reid player lookalike in #2, he needs to diet.

:)
    yeah thanks for all your comments ,it was €3 in cracking game 3-1 at halftime but bloody freezing, used canon 1d mk2 with 70-200 2.8 sigma, think i set the iso too high really at 3200 , 1600 would be ok,floodlights were poor ,doing some gaa and local rugby matches lately so will post a few on here for inspection ,last learning at present but have met up with fellow boardie pcphoto and he has helped me loads lending me lens etc and advice

Wow even I can afford 3 euros in!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Paulw wrote: »
    I'll bite my tongue here. :D

Roll on Division 1 tomorrow night.

Lets have ye.

BTW AnimalRights, if you plan on coming to Tolka for some touchline photography you'll have Maurice chasing you away from his spots on the touchline for his photography and the odd time a sportsfile lad about aswell.

Advertisement