Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HMV!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Crotchety wrote: »
    I don't expect you to know the thoughts of each Sligo individual.

And you do?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Did Third Wave Music close down or is it still open?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

2.55 an hour or there abouts I'm told.

thats only if you voted YES last week!! ha ha

CAnt wait for it to open

frAg

edit-beaten to it i see.....

takola wrote: »
    Did Third Wave Music close down or is it still open?

They are still open!

genie wrote: »
    What's the rate of pay?

All the positions for the Killkenny branch are now filled so I would expect the Sligo posts are as well!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

The people of Sligo think they live in New York City..............Each to their own I suppose. I don't expect you to know the thoughts of each Sligo individual.........It's only HMV anyway. Hardly anything good is it. Nothing good ever opens in Sligo compared to other large towns like Dundalk, Letterkenny and Castlebar and Ballina.

Jesus, just go and post somewhere else will you.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

bobcar61 wrote: »
    I'd say the wage for HMV will be €8.65(the Irish minimum wage)

Thanks, I thought it would be something like that. I used to work for Waterstones (part of the HMV Group) and their rate of pay was abysmal. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Wexler12

irish-stew wrote: »
    dont worry bobcar, its not being reduced to 1.84, that was one of the scare mongaring facts released by the no campaign to scare us against voting yes

minimum wage will continue to be decided by our own goverment and not europe
    No that was COIR

• Registered Users Posts: 36 barr toco

Oh. It's only HMV anyway. Hardly anything good is it. Nothing good ever opens in Sligo compared to other large towns like Dundalk, Letterkenny and Castlebar and Ballina.

it might only be hmv but if its goin to bring a few jobs to the area
    then its brilliant :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

looks like it is in johnson court, according to the 'post' anyway

• Advertisement

The guy who was the store manager for Zavvi now has the same position with HMV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

They're opening November 7th, yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭pauldry

this is great news but i remember reading about a lot of new things coming to sligo in the past and then seeing in the champion or weekender "Plans for New (fill in here as you like) Store Shot Down":rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

pauldry wrote: »
    this is great news but i remember reading about a lot of new things coming to sligo in the past and then seeing in the champion or weekender "Plans for New (fill in here as you like) Store Shot Down":rolleyes:

Yeah, that is usually the case when the retail park and our local chamber of crooks erm.. I mean commerce are involved. Any excuse to stop another big retailer coming to sligo. They have no say now thankfully, so it should be plain sailing for them.

We need somewhere that we can go to buy good DVD's again.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,893 ✭✭✭✭Basq

"Hoomve" (same as Zavvi / any high-street DVD chain) are typically rip-off merchants except for when they've sales.

But their sales are pretty damn good.. they're currently selling the Complete Sopranos for €80.

fozzle wrote: »
    They're opening November 7th, yay!

Where did you hear that?
    Great that they are opening,was hoping they would be open for the bank holiday next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

zorro2566 wrote: »
    Where did you hear that?
    Great that they are opening,was hoping they would be open for the bank holiday next week!

Well the staff aren't starting for training til the 26th I think, so they'd not be ready to open. 'TWas the manager who told me when they're opening.

Yes of course,the staff training,duh!
    Have they started to fit out the old Zavvi unit yet,not been in town for a few days?

Any activity around the new HMV store yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Staff are all training in Galway today, they hope they might be able to open this Saturday, if not it will probably be the following week.

• Advertisement

I think for us all when I say yip feckin eeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait to have a decent store again, although to be fair Melody Maker did up its game when it moved.

bobcar61 wrote: »
    Staff are all training in Galway today, they hope they might be able to open this Saturday, if not it will probably be the following week.

I think they had 7th November as the opening date so a week earlier would be a bonus!
    Has the store been fitted out yet,not been into town for a while?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Not a sign of anything in Johnston Court....no coming soon sign or new signage or anything:(

magnumlady wrote: »
    Not a sign of anything in Johnston Court....no coming soon sign or new signage or anything:(

Well they wont open this weekend so,it'll be a bit of a rush!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭shanec1928

zorro2566 wrote: »
    Any activity around the new HMV store yet?
    seemed dead today at 12

Posters up in the old Zavvi store proclaiming that HMV is coming soon.

The new HMV in Kilkenny is opening on Nov. 9th and the store has been added to the HMV website store finder section.I would have thought the Sligo store would have been on there as well as they are supposed to open the same weekend.

Update: HMVs Twitter site stating that Sligo will open November 7th!

Wohhooooo.

Just in time for the killers dvd too.

The Sligo store is now featured on the HMV website store finder,phone number included!

I know i have a lot of posts about this but this is the only kind of shop that excites me,far too many clothes shops around for my taste!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

noticed some fitting out been done yeaterday, no sign up though to say when opening

Advertisement