Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lifford closure

Options
  • 05-10-2009 5:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

just heard about a business closure near Lifford, any truth to the story?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Crotchety

It might help if you could add to that a bit!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

Gee, that's just a bit too cryptic for me! :D

Ah yea. Sure there's only one business in Lifford isn't there! It's not as if it's Letterkenny we're talking about.

That's right OP. They closed down. Now Lifford is in trouble baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

If its pure speculation then its best not to name any company/firm/business.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭irlpic

There is an article in todays Donegal something or other 'Monday' paper about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

That's terrible I always liked the spuds from that wee trailer.

irlpic wrote: »
    There is an article in todays Donegal something or other 'Monday' paper about it.

What page? Can't find it. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭the_dark_side

ok, I didnt want to name any business, because it would be a significant closure if it was true (which I heard it was)... and if there was anyone on here from that area, you would have heard by now, and would know who I am referring to. A apparently theres no one from that area on here yet

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

I'm from Lifford and haven't heard anything.

And I can't see it in the paper either. I've checked each page about 4 times.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭babaloushka

irish1967 wrote: »
    That's terrible I always liked the spuds from that wee trailer.

I thought you were serious and that you knew the story - I take it it's not true (about the trailer)? :pac:

I haven't heard of any other business going to the wall either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭the_dark_side

wait... the business in question has a donegal town outlet, I think that they might have closed that... this is the danger about starting this type of thread... apologies. Im based in Moville by the way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭babaloushka

wait... the business in question has a donegal town outlet, I think that they might have closed that... this is the danger about starting this type of thread... apologies. Im based in Moville by the way

I'm intrigued - and I should be in my bed at this hour, but I'm racking my brains here to figure out what the business in question could be :confused: I'm mentally trawling the town and its environs and nothing comes to mind. It's like a crossword clue that you're sure you must know :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Try thinking about it in the Kitchen....

Yeah an outlet in Donegal Town closed about 2 months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Its not in the town, more outside. A few miles perhaps. Didn' they extend the building quite a bit recently? I do believe their Galway division has also closed down

It's some Kitchen place that has closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

If premises in other parts of the county or indeed the country have closed then that has sweet FA to do with this thread which is about a closure in Lifford which the OP has now acknowledged he has made a mistake.

Thread locked

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement