Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock Am Ring/Rock Im Park 2010

Options
  • 05-10-2009 7:08pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭

First band confirmed is Rammstein (which was kinda obvious )
    Found this on efestivals forum for people thinking about goin just a FAQ section
    Rock Am Ring - FAQ for Irish Festival-goers

Compiled by Chris12345 for RaR 2008 on efestivals!

This is a guide only, don't treat it as gospel! But hopefully it will offer some good information!

Thanks to:
    Apu
    Lenore
    JoshBosh
    Moistvelvet
    Squig
    Doley
    +anyone else who contributed biggrin.gif

Contents:

1- General
    1.1 What is Rock Am Ring?
    1.2 What is Rock Im Park then?
    1.3 when does Rock Am Ring take place?

2- Tickets
    2.1 How much?
    2.2 How do I buy a ticket from the UK?
    --2.2.1 TPP only seems to accept Mastercard, Visa and American Express? I don't have that? What do I do?
    --2.2.2 My UK address wouldn't fit in the form? Will it be ok?
    --2.2.3 How are they sent? Will I have to sign?!
    2.3 What is a souvineer/computer ticket?
    2.4 What is a Nordschleife Ticket?
    2.5 How long does RAR usually take to sell out?
    2.6 I didn't buy a ticket in time? How should I go about getting one?
    2.7 Wristbands?

3- Food and Drink
    3.1 Can I take food and drink into the campsite?
    3.2 Can I take food and drink into the arena?
    3.3 What sort of food/drink can I buy in the campsite?
    3.4 What sort of food/drink can I buy in the arena?
    3.5 Where is the nearest supermarket to RAR?
    --3.5.1 What are German prices like
    --3.5.2 I'm going via Koblenz, where're the supermarkets there?

4- Camping
    4.1In general, what is camping at RAR like?
    4.2 What is forbidden on the campsite?
    4.3 I like sleep? Where should I camp?
    4.4 I like a 24 hour party! Where should I camp?
    4.5 Where can I find info on the shuttle buses? How much? What times?
    4.6 What to do on thursday?

5- Flying to RAR
    5.1 I was drunk and Ryanair misled me into thinking Frankfurt Hahn might've actually been in Frankfurt?! How the crap do I get to RAR?
    --5.1.2 Getting to RAR from Hahn via bus
    --5.1.3 Hiring a car at Hahn
    --5.1.4 Taking a taxi from Hahn
    5.2 Flying to Frankfurt city
    5.3 flying to other German airports

6- Driving to RAR
    6.1 Route please!

7- Bands/Stages

7.1 How many/how big are the stages?
    7.2 Where's the lineup?! How many bands?! Are XXXXXX playing?!

1- General

What is Rock Am Ring?

Rock am Ring is a German rock music festival, it takes place at the Nurbergring in south-western Germany every year, on the first August of June. It is attended by approximately 70000 people every year (similar scale to Leeds and Reading).
    The name means 'Rock at the Ring', so therefore 'Rock am' as an abbrevation will hurt every German speaking person's eyes (who'd call a festival 'Rock at the'?), so please don't do that. Use RaR instead.

What is Rock Im Park then?

Rock Im Park is RAR's 'sister' festival, it takes place near Nuremburg (think of it like Leeds and Reading, same lineup, different days!). This guide relates to RAR. For the purposes of this guide, I'm gonna pretend that Rock Im Park doesn't exist.

When does Rock Am Ring take place?

It is scheduled for first weekend in June (5th to the 7th).

2- Tickets

How much?

The earlier you buy your ticket, the cheaper it is, for 2009 the prices are:
    - until the 31th of January -125 €
    - from the 1st of February to the the 30th of March -135€
    (more to come when information is available)

Your ticket includes camping, as well as a 5 Euro refundable "Trash bonus". At the end of the festival, you hand in a bin liner full of rubbish and the trash diposit ticket you got when you handed in your ticket for the wristband or when you drove on the parking lot and receive 5 Euros in return

How do I buy a ticket from the UK?

You can order via the internet from www.ticketsperpost.de (the German equivalent of something like seetickets). You should expect to pay around 15/20 Euros for postage to a UK address.

TPP only seems to accept Mastercard, Visa and American Express? I don't have that? What do I do?

Borrow a card or something... (better answer needed tongue.gif)

My UK address wouldn't fit in the form? Will it be ok?

Enter it as best you can and you should be ok (put the postcode in the town box or something). My address was back to front and upside down, but my tickets still arrived ok! If you are worried, you can contact TTP (at this address insert@email.com) with your confirmation number and correct address and they will fix it for you. I have not dealt with them myself, but I'm told their English is great and they are very helpful!

How are they sent? Will I have to sign?!

I didn't personally have to sign... but thats not to mean that someone else in my house didn't! (better answer needed)

What is a souvineer/computer ticket?

The souvenir tickets are your standard gig tickets printed on thin cardboard and they look pretty cool ! Souvenir tickets are sold exclusively through ticketsperpost. Any other retailer will send you computer tickets.
    The souvenir tickets won't be printed (and therefor send out) until some time in spring. This means even if you pay for it now, you won't get it for a few months. But you will still only pay the Frühbucher (early buyer) price of 125€

Computer tickets are just like booking flights with ryanair,just a bog standard piece of papaer with everyones info on it.ie not one piece of paper per ticket.

What is a Nordschleife Ticket?

The Nordschleife (Northern loop) is a historic part of the racing track. Nowadays, at least F1 doesn't race there anymore. For RaR you can buy tickets (also at TPP) for it for 15€ (last year prices, may change). On there you are allowed to camp next to your car. It has the reputation to be the madest part of the camping, where people bring massive trucks with a wall of a loudspeakers and even more furniture than usual.

How long does RAR usually take to sell out?

Expect 2009 to sell out earlier than last years due to 2 sold out years in a row and a reduced capacity of 80 000 this year.
    In 2008 it had officially 'sold out' on the 15thish of March.
    2007 was the first year for the festival to be sold out (also for Rock im Park). In 2007 it was sold out on May 10th or something, Rock im Park two weeks later (check needed).

I didn't buy a ticket in time? How should I go about getting one?

Ebay.de could help.

Wristbands?

Tickets have to be exchanged for a wristband starting Wednesday before the festival. Without a wristband you won't be allowed to enter neither camping grounds nor festival grounds.
    If you arrive there before wednesday you can go on the camping ground showing your ticket, though.

3- Food and Drink

Can I take food and drink into the campsite?

Yes. Concerning food and drinks everything is allowed.

Can I take food and drink into the arena?

Drink- One 1-Liter-PET (Tetra Pack) carton per person is OK.
    Food- Allowed :-)

What sort of food/drink can I buy in the campsite?

There are no stores of any kind at the campsites. Ask your friendly neighbours for help in case you forgot someting really important.

What sort of food/drink can I buy in the arena?

(Almost) Anything you can think of. Fries, Currywurst, Hamburgers, Pizza, Pastas, German Seafoodsnacks, Asian Noodles, Mexican food,
    Beer, Cocktails, Jack Daniels(?), Softdrinks, Water.

Where is the nearest supermarket to RAR?

There are mobile supermarkets all over the place but usually they are all very expensive. The next real supermarket should be located in Adenau, 10 km away. If you don't wanna walk that far, the yellow shuttle bus route stop 9 is the closest you can get on transport!

This is the url for the Lidl at Adenau http://www.lidl.de/cps/rde/xchg/lidl_de/hs...etail=extensive and for those lucky enough to have a Car and SAT NAV the address is 53518

What are German prices like

I would say a little cheaper than in Britain.
    A .4 beer should be around 4 Euros. There's usually a 1 Euro refund that you have to pay and you'll get back when you hand the cup back in (after the last drink).
    Anybody know the prices for sure from last year?

I'm going via Koblenz, where're the supermarkets there?

The map Lenore found didn't work anymore. Can anybody draw one?

Near the station in koblenz is a lidl, just walk out the station and head right, you'll pass a McDonalds und the Deutsche Post, just 50 more meters and there is a lidl. The green x is the Lidl, Hauptbahnhof is the station in Koblenz and ZOB is the bus-station

Below is the link to a Gogle earth Placemark:
    http://bbs.keyhole.com/ubb/showthreaded.ph...vc=#Post1127700

4- Camping

In general, what is camping at RAR like?

Very unproblematic
    People are peaceful and theft happens very rarely. People sit together round a campfire, listen to music, scream, sing, play weird games etc...
    The campsites are usually quite far away so a 15-20 minute walk (one way) is necessary to reach the festival grounds. Campsites close to the festival grounds are overcrowded by Wednesday.
    The campsites officialy open on wednesday, but some Germans arrive as early as the friday before just to party a few days before the bands start playing.

What is forbidden on the campsite?

Weapons, truck loads of furniture^^
    A massive Open fire is usually not allowed. Having a barbecue should be fine though.

I like sleep? Where should I camp?

At home! ;-)
    Really, there's madness 24 hours a day at the campsites. There will always be someone with a huge stereo. Bring earplugs for some sleep.

I like a 24 hour party! Where should I camp?

Anywhere you like. There are always many many people around who like doing that, too. (If you do want to get some sleep though, don't mid using earplugs)

Where can I find info on the shuttle buses? How much? What times?

- coming in spring -

What to do on thursday?

First option: stay at the camping site, socialize with your neighbours and enjoy the booze.
    Second and best option: There's a warm up party at the party tent with a few acts playing. Everybody's welcome.

5- Flying to RAR

Closest airports are: Köln-Bonn (Cologne), Düsseldorf, Dortmund, Frankfurt Hahn, Frankfurt International
    Besides Hahn every airport has a good connection to the German rail system.

I was drunk and Ryanair misled me into thinking Frankfurt Hahn might've actually been in Frankfurt?! How the crap do I get to RAR?

The airport is an old converted military base in the arse end of nowhere... it consists of a coffee shop, and not much else, there is no nearby towns or anything and...

THERE IS NO TRAIN STATION

To get to RAR, you must either take the bus (5.1.2), hire a car (5.1.3) or take a taxi (5.1.4)

Getting to RAR from Hahn via bus

This is the cheapest option. Buses to the city of Koblenz (the German equivalent of somewhere like Stoke; big, but nothing really to write home about, there're shops and hotels and stuff) run every 2 hours from Hahn (TIMETABLE) and takes about an hour.

The coach from Hahn to Koblenz costs 12 euros (not including shuttle bus to the ring)

Upon reaching Hahn, you should can stock up on food and drink at the nearby supermarket (Chris- Map/check)

You then must get the shuttle bus to RAR from Koblenz bus station, this journey takes about an hour.

The shuttle bus from the Koblenz station to the Ring is not free! It costs 10 Euros for a return ticket. So don't lose your ticket unless you don't want to pay again on the way back.
    Remember: The place where the busses leave after the festival is a different one than the one where they arrive. It is near campsite D9 (1km from the main entrance).

Hiring a car at Hahn

Information about car hire from Hahn can be found here: http://www.hahn-airport.de/default.aspx?me...l_car&cc=en

Taking a taxi from Hahn

If you google "Frankfurt Hahn taxi" it brings up several pages where you can get quotes and book minicabs

Taxi from Hahn to the ring costs approximately €100 by taxi, takes 1 and a half hours and is 70 km

Flying to Frankfurt city

We're flying into Frankfurt City airport from Manchester with Lufthansa. It cost about 80 quid each and the plan is to get a train to Koblenz, go to Lidl (see 3.5.2) then get a taxi to the ring. Information about travel to and from Frankfurt City airport can be found here:

http://www.airportcity-frankfurt.com/cms/d...ing_to_from.htm

Tickets cost between 20 and 26 euros each way and the journey takes between approx 1 hr 10 minutes and 1 hr 40 depending on changes. Train info can be found in English here:

http://www.bahn.de/international/view/en/index.shtml

Other airports

If you arrive at different airports (Köln-Bonn [Cologne], Dortmund and Stuttgart are doable), just travel by rail to Koblenz and follow the descriptions from 5.1.2. German rail travel is not that cheap, but reliable and fast. You can look up prices at www.db.de

A second option is to rent a car and follow the description from point 6.

The guys from EUfest organize coaches that travel from Frankfurt Hahn and Köln/Bonn to Rock am Ring:
    More information can be found at http://www.eufest.com/rock/transport

6- Driving to RAR

Anybody has other routes?

If you have Sat Nav, the address is '53520 Nürburg'

Coming from the Northwest (IE UK; NL, Belgium), head first towards Cologne (Köln) and then towards Koblenz. This map should help:

Nürburgring is shown on the signs on the Autobahn when you exit.

7- Bands/Stages

How many/how big are the stages?

There is the Center Stage, the Alternastage and the Club tent.
    Center Stage can hold the most people, approximately 60000.
    Alternastage can hold app. 35000.
    The Club can hold 1500-2000 people. So if you want to see your favorite band in the Club Tent be early. Last year many frustrated people could not get inside on time.

Where's the lineup?! How many bands?! Are XXXXXX playing?!

The line up for 2009 as of the 10th of March 2009 is:

2raumwohnung
    Alexisonfire
    All That Remains
    And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead
    Basement Jaxx
    Biffy Clyro
    Billy Talent
    Black Stone Cherry
    Bloc Party
    Bring Me The Horizon
    Chester French
    Chris Cornell
    Dir En Grey
    DragonForce
    Dredg
    Enter Shikari
    Esser
    Expatriate
    Five Finger Death Punch
    Flogging Molly
    Gallows
    Guano Apes
    Ich Bin Bunt
    Jan Delay & Disko No. 1
    Juliette Lewis
    Kettcar
    Kilians
    Killswitch Engage
    Kitty, Daisy & Lewis
    Korn
    Limp Bizkit
    Little Man Tate
    Machine Head
    Madina Lake
    Madness
    Mando Diao
    Marilyn Manson
    MIA.
    Middle Class Rut
    New Found Glory
    Pain
    Papa Roach
    Peter Fox
    Peter, Björn & John
    Phoenix
    Placebo
    Polarkreis 18
    Razorlight
    Reamonn
    Scouting For Girls
    Selig
    Sevendust
    Shinedown
    Slipknot
    Steadlür
    Sugarplum Fairy
    The All American Rejects
    The Crave
    The Gaslight Anthem
    The Killers
    The Kooks
    The Prodigy
    The Rifles
    The Soundtrack Of Our Lives (OEOC)
    The Script
    The Subways
    Tomte
    Trivium
    Volbeat
    White Lies
    Volbeat

We don't know who's gonna headline and whether to expect bigger bands or not. KoRn and Marylin Manson are scheduled to play on the Alternastage (2nd stage), Limp Bizkit, The Killers and Placebo seem like the biggest bands so far. The price increase in March gets hopes up for another one or two bands who could be headlining the main stage.

About 90 bands will be playing. Check out the Ringrocker rumour section for current rumours.

Discussion about RaR 2007: http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=71608
    Discussion about RaR 2008: http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=89960
    Discussion about RaR 2008: http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/index.p...howtopic=111178

Discussion in English at ringrocker.com: http://www.ringrocker.com/modules.php?op=m...um&forum=36

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Iceberg

Was at Rock Am Ring last year and will more than likely head back this year, would highly rate it compared to some of the festivals on these shores, almost everything worked out cheaper and the whole weekend was mental start to finish, one word of advice, if you plan on sleeping in any of the camping areas bring earplugs!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Iceberg wrote: »
    Was at Rock Am Ring last year and will more than likely head back this year, would highly rate it compared to some of the festivals on these shores, almost everything worked out cheaper and the whole weekend was mental start to finish, one word of advice, if you plan on sleeping in any of the camping areas bring earplugs!

Same i was at RIP after my friend recommend it to me and i loved it. For flights and the festival ticket for me was pretty much the same as a Oxegen ticket and everything was sooooooooooooo much better. And the area around RIP is really nice and quite , Bottles of Tuborg €1 and some flavoured beer 50 cent :):) . I could see either Green Day/Blink 182 or Foo Fighters headlining .

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭emtroche

Has anyone ever used this crowd?

http://www.eufest.com/rock/transport

Are they any good?

emtroche wrote: »
    Has anyone ever used this crowd?

http://www.eufest.com/rock/transport

Are they any good?

Used this crowd last year (frankfurt-hanh to rock am ring), thought they were very professional and did not have any major issues with them, there was a local taxi driver with a minibus waiting when we arrived at the airport, but we were waiting an hour or so on another flight for other people sharing the taxi (we were fully aware of this ahead of time though) which was no harm as it allowed us to grab a bite to eat an there was no rushing about the place. The taxi stopped at a supermarket en route so we could grab booze etc and he dropped us right at the entrance of one of the bigger campsites, which was also where the concert shuttle bus stopped. There was a minor mix up regarding what time the return trip was on the monday but the driver made sure to contact everyone taking that taxi well in advance to confirm the correct time for pickup, he even arranged for a second car to come on the monday morning for friends of some of the people who had been on the outward journey (but they had to pay their own fare for the trip, not sure what it cost).

All in all the driver and service once there was great, can't complain, getting in touch with and organising the whole thing with the eufest crowd was no bother either, a few emails over and back and it was all sorted with a bank transfer.

One point to note is that if it is only one or two places you are booking you are likely to be sharing the taxi with others, but we found this was a good way to make some friends for the weekend before even arriving at the venue. Also it may work out a little cheaper cost-wise to organise you own transport but I think it's worth it rather than chasing cabs and trains etc.
    Will probably be heading back next time and would definitely consider using this crowd again.
    If you want any more info give me a shout, I'm thinking of rounding up a gang of people to head next year so will try and get a discounted rate for a group if they'll be nice about it:rolleyes:

Thanks

Seriously considering going next year. Was at rock im park in 08 and it was savage! Was living there at the time with my ex so we just drove. Was wondering about the whole logisitcs of goin to a festival off a plane but from what you've said it seems pretty handy!

By the way apparently Brain Johnson has said that ACDC are thinkin bout doin 6 weeks of festivals after they finish the tour at end of May. And it's rock am rings 25th anniversary. I may be dreamin but you never know!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I'm considering going to either of these next year. Lure of Rammstein in their home country sounds good to me. Can see Muse being other headliner if they don't get roped into Hurricane/Southside. Brother was at it few years ago, all sounds good to me.

Mushy wrote: »
    I'm considering going to either of these next year. Lure of Rammstein in their home country sounds good to me. Can see Muse being other headliner if they don't get roped into Hurricane/Southside. Brother was at it few years ago, all sounds good to me.

I cant recommend RIP more . I was shocked how much it was completely different then Oxegen atmosphere and a perfect type of line up for me :) . Hopefully heading back to it next year. Would love if the other 2 headliners were either Foo's/Muse/Green Day/ACDC

I cant recommend RIP more . I was shocked how much it was completely different then Oxegen atmosphere and a perfect type of line up for me :) . Hopefully heading back to it next year. Would love if the other 2 headliners were either Foo's/Muse/Green Day/ACDC

Same for Rock Am Ring, as an example a group that had their tent set up near us last year wandered off into the main area for the day leaving most of their food and booze, including a full bottle of vodka, on full display on a table infront of their tent, 8 or 9 hours later they returned to find all of their stuff untouched!! add to that the general friendly atmosphere around the whole camping area makes these kind of festivals the standard we have yet to see here. Food and drink there were much more resonably priced also. Would encourage anyone looking for a good weekend to head for Ring or Park this year, hopefully the new F1 rollercoaster will be running at the ring!

A note to anyone going though, get your tickets from official sites, eventim.de and i think the other is ticketsperpost (they were the two last year), there were a few people around last year who had dummy tickets bought from 'other' websites

By the way apparently Brain Johnson has said that ACDC are thinkin bout doin 6 weeks of festivals after they finish the tour at end of May. And it's rock am rings 25th anniversary. I may be dreamin but you never know!

Actually the more i think about it the more i reckon the other 2 headliners will be a toss up between muse, foos and greenday. Most likely greenday and muse. ACDC might hold out for Wacken. Reckon they'd be more up for that. Slayer and ACDC for Wacken! Now that'd be somethin!

But sure who knows!

Actually the more i think about it the more i reckon the other 2 headliners will be a toss up between muse, foos and greenday. Most likely greenday and muse. ACDC might hold out for Wacken. Reckon they'd be more up for that. Slayer and ACDC for Wacken! Now that'd be somethin!

But sure who knows!

Id say if its between Wacken and Ring/Park id say it will come down to who can afford them . If it was AC/DC , Foo Fighters as the other 2 headliners i would nearly go on my own .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Layne

Hey Iceberg, Im guessin we tented next to you last year, the 2 guys from Kerry (Les n Tom). Fancy meetin you here!! And youre thinkin of headin again?? Must admit last year is a bit of a blur, so much beer and so little time!! Some Alice in Chains would be nice in 2010, missed them in Dublin last Summer, was gutted. Must make plans, gather troops n plot destruction!!

Layne wrote: »
    Hey Iceberg, Im guessin we tented next to you last year, the 2 guys from Kerry (Les n Tom). Fancy meetin you here!! And youre thinkin of headin again?? Must admit last year is a bit of a blur, so much beer and so little time!! Some Alice in Chains would be nice in 2010, missed them in Dublin last Summer, was gutted. Must make plans, gather troops n plot destruction!!

Your guess is right!! Yeah thinking of heading back over again, going to try and round up a few more willing participants this time around, would like to see rammstein live, from what i've heard even if they play here the pyro etc would be limited due to insurance reasons so a show on their home turf would be great. And given that it's the 25th aniversary I can see plenty more big names being added. AC/DC would be a dream, saw them twice during the year and was well happy!! Think the tickets might sell out once some more bands are announced so will prob be getting mine before xmas hits. Might try and squeeze an extra day out of it this year and head over on the wednesday ahead of the festival, not sure yet though.

Your guess is right!! Yeah thinking of heading back over again, going to try and round up a few more willing participants this time around, would like to see rammstein live, from what i've heard even if they play here the pyro etc would be limited due to insurance reasons so a show on their home turf would be great. And given that it's the 25th aniversary I can see plenty more big names being added. AC/DC would be a dream, saw them twice during the year and was well happy!! Think the tickets might sell out once some more bands are announced so will prob be getting mine before xmas hits. Might try and squeeze an extra day out of it this year and head over on the wednesday ahead of the festival, not sure yet though.
    Partly guessed you were in cyberspace somewhere, I had guessed Efestivals forum though! We're hopin to head over again next year, Tom is chompin at the bit! Either Rar or Download. Will hold off on buyin tickets until most of lineups appear in the new year, taking a risk I know. If we got Alice in Chains, Muse, Editors, Megadeth, and maybe Pearl Jam I'd be happy. As for ACDC I wouldnt hold my breath but you never know. Deep Purple playin Cork so they will probably play Download too. How was Chickenfoot in Cork?

Any more rumours? I reckon many of the followin bands will play (if not poached by Hurricane fest first): Alice in Chains, Muse, Editors, Arctic Monkeys, Lost Prophets, Megadeth, Skunk Anansie, Mars Volta, Stereophonics and maybe Pearl Jam.

Layne wrote: »
    Any more rumours? I reckon many of the followin bands will play (if not poached by Hurricane fest first): Alice in Chains, Muse, Editors, Arctic Monkeys, Lost Prophets, Megadeth, Skunk Anansie, Mars Volta, Stereophonics and maybe Pearl Jam.

RingRocker are saying the following possibilities: 30 Seconds To Mars ,Beatsteaks , Blink 182 , Kiss , Linkin Park and Muse

Used this crowd last year (frankfurt-hanh to rock am ring)

How much it cost?

How much it cost?

Can't remember the exact amount but as far as I can remeber it was around 50 euro per person, maybe 55 but definitely no more than that

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

With this apparent Pearl Jam tour upcoming, I'd stick them as outside bet. They'll be the band that'll decide what festival(s) I'll be going to, would love to see them here.

Then I oddly thought of Iron Maiden as possible headliners. Why? I have no idea. Think its of a want than a possibility.

Pearl Jam and Iron Maiden wud be sweet! But i reckon Iron Maiden wud be more of a Wacken band. Who knows!

Out of the rumoured bands on ringrocker i'd say Sportfreunde Stiller are a definite as they do the german world cup song!

I see they have A-Ha and Foreigner on the rumour list now! Jaysus!

Beatsteaks, Linkin Park, Blink 182 and Greenday are apparently NOT playing 2010.

Cant say i'm too bothered!

• Advertisement

Beatsteaks, Linkin Park, Blink 182 and Greenday are apparently NOT playing 2010.

Cant say i'm too bothered!
    How do you no that. Ringrocker have added Kasabian

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

have been at this festival many many times funnily enough i think it was 2002 that AHA where the headline band one of the nights but we actually headed into Koln to watch an irish match that was on think the pub was the corkonian or something along them lines out of all the festival Rock am ring is the best organized ive ever been too...

• Registered Users Posts: 38 damone

Mushy wrote: »
    With this apparent Pearl Jam tour upcoming, I'd stick them as outside bet. They'll be the band that'll decide what festival(s) I'll be going to, would love to see them here.

Then I oddly thought of Iron Maiden as possible headliners. Why? I have no idea. Think its of a want than a possibility.
    apparent pearl jam tour ? more info please!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Pearl Jam and Iron Maiden wud be sweet! But i reckon Iron Maiden wud be more of a Wacken band. Who knows!

Out of the rumoured bands on ringrocker i'd say Sportfreunde Stiller are a definite as they do the german world cup song!

I see they have A-Ha and Foreigner on the rumour list now! Jaysus!

Sportfreunde Stiller, hope not. I stuck about 5 minutes of them back in 2008 before finding something better to listen to. What is with the germans getting all patriotic for bands in their native tongue, bloody awful band. That said, bring on Rammstein!!

More bands announced today, seems legit, link from the ringrocker site:
    http://www.ringrocker.com/article.php?sid=290

Translated it and:
    Rammstein, Muse, Kiss, Gossip, Rise Against, Gogol Bordello, Motorhead, Volbeat, As I Lay Dying, Airborne, Bullet for my valentine, Kasabian, Editors, Jan Delay, Sportfreunde Stiller all look confirmed

Edit: It's on the official site also now

--LOS-- wrote: »
    What is with the germans getting all patriotic for bands in their native tongue

Thats one of the silliest things i've ever heard!

oh jeez, a bit of sarcasm. It's just that whole thing of "supporting your own". Just saying theyre a brutal band yet the germans just go crazy for them. I just didnt get it.

More bands announced today, seems legit, link from the ringrocker site:
    http://www.ringrocker.com/article.php?sid=290

Translated it and:
    Rammstein, Muse, Kiss, Gossip, Rise Against, Gogol Bordello, Motorhead, Volbeat, As I Lay Dying, Airborne, Bullet for my valentine, Kasabian, Editors, Jan Delay, Sportfreunde Stiller all look confirmed

Edit: It's on the official site also now

wouldn't mind seeing Kiss swopped with Motorhead for headliners.

• Advertisement

--LOS-- wrote: »
    wouldn't mind seeing Kiss swopped with Motorhead for headliners.

I reckon motorhead would draw enough of a crowd to headline, possibly on the second stage though

Advertisement