Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock Am Ring/Rock Im Park 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Ye I reckon that's what will happen alright. Easy toss up between them and Kiss I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭emtroche

--LOS-- wrote: »
    Easy toss up between them and Kiss I think!

You're right there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Dotfuscator

hey, thinking of goin to RaR for the first time. Just wondering if any of ye went (or know anything about) driving on the Nurburgring racetrack before/during the concert or is it closed during it?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Iceberg

hey, thinking of goin to RaR for the first time. Just wondering if any of ye went (or know anything about) driving on the Nurburgring racetrack before/during the concert or is it closed during it?

well given that the stages and main area of the festival are on the F1 section of the track there ain't a hope of driving it, can walk around quite a bit of it though, as for the north loop, thats all camping area so driving around that may be possible for some sections but don't expect to be going anywhere fast due to crowds of people wandering around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Dotfuscator

ah ok, thought it might have been cordoned off or somethin, thanks for the info

• Advertisement

Yeah would be nice to drive it sometime though, on the plus side the new roller coaster should be up and running by june (once they actually get it working like)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭DenMan

Definitely want to try and make this. Never there before.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Ouravit

I see from footage from the main stage that there's lots of barriers to help crowd control. Do you have to arrive early to get up the front or do people come and go throughout the day ?

not sure about previous years as I think they changed the set up last year, but they way they did do it last year was that the two pit sections near the main stage were completely separate from the main crowd, to get into them you had to go down what is the pit lane of the track and enter from the side, this was controlled though to prevent overcrowding, there was a traffic light system in place. Depending on what time of day you want to be in the pit at would dictate how early you head there, I was able to stroll straight into the front pit for trivium during the day last year, but there was a hefty queue from the eveningt in anticipation of the main acts. The alternate stage and the tent had no pit area as such so you could squeeze up to the top at any time. I was happy enough back a bit in the crowd for the main acts, gave more freedom to wander around and there was 3 sets of screens at various points through the crowd showing the main act.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

In my opinion it was a bad idea for a pit at the 2nd stage at RIP . And there was no control really and reminded me of getting into the pit at Oxegen.

• Advertisement

So what do yiz think of Kiss as a headliner?

Personally i've no interest in them and i'm not convinced they will be a main headliner!

The kiss and muse announcements were a bit of a let down for me. Kiss, I really couldnt be bothered with, theyre the kind of band that might be a bit of a laugh to see if they werent one of the main headliners. Muse is so so. Hopefully there'll be a lot more bands added on the heavier side. Anyone think there's gona be some late big names added for the anniversary? The Sonisphere UK line-up is looking a lot more attractive:

announcement2-550.jpg

if only download hadnt turned me off uk festivals.

Pure speculation but what about a bit of Status Quo or The Saw Doctors ???

Would love a bit of both but id say SQ would have a better chance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Hopefully Soundgarden will be added...could headline the second stage:D

Slayer have confirmed themselves . It says Alternstage so presume they will headline the 2nd stage one of the nights. 70000 tickets have been sold for RAR and 35 for RIP

how do you know?? I dont see it on the site. Bloody brilliant if its true though.

oh I see it on slayers site

Can we expect and Irish bands to play ?
    Like Therapy?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

The lineup for this so far, KISS and Slayer aside, looks pretty dreadful

• Advertisement

updated lineup
    poster-big-20100205.jpg

Added are:
    30 Seconds To Mars
    A Day To Remember
    Bad Religion
    Broilers
    Die Sterne
    Dizzee Rascal
    Ellie Goulding
    Hammerfall
    Heaven Shall Burn
    Jay-Z
    Lamb Of God
    Lazer
    Slayer
    The Hives
    Them Crooked Vultures
    Tocotronic
    Wolfmother
    UVM.

Now i really wanna go with those additions

Now i really wanna go with those additions

4,000 tickets left. get ur skates on as it´ll sell out soon

yep, its looking real good. I still havent sorted my tickets! Im on it, last time I went the tickets sold out the day after I got them :eek:

Ouravit wrote: »
    4,000 tickets left. get ur skates on as it´ll sell out soon

I would but i dont have anyone to go with :(

Got tickets last week!

Still less than half the bands announced!

Starting on the thursday for the 1st time ever!

Good to go! :)

A few more bands announced today, also in the mail sent out for the last announcment it said it had been made into a four day festival, so rage are the 4th headliner.:D

Rage against the Machine
    Alice In Chains
    Mastodon
    Stone Sour

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

For 4 bands, thats one of the sweetest lineup announcements one could wish for. 4 cracking bands. Pity its €250

• Advertisement

Mushy wrote: »
    For 4 bands, thats one of the sweetest lineup announcements one could wish for. 4 cracking bands. Pity its €250

I think thats for accommodation. Really hoping to get people to go now but not look good :(

Advertisement