Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nokia 2330

• 05-10-2009 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

i have just got an upgrade and have the above phone. i have the unlocking code but the phone just says " unable to lift restriction" . I got onto vodafone. they said prob with nokia and I have to send it, by registered post, to them in Drogheda. I feel this is very bad service as my contract is with Vodafone and not with Nokia.

Does anybody know why this might have happened ?

if I go to an unlocking place how much might it cost as the hassle of sending off this by registered post is annoying me.

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭RodVelvet

Usually it means you have entered the code incorrectly too many times. The only way it can be unlocked now is via cable. One of the unlocking shops would sort it for ya for 10-20 euros I'd say. You usually only get three or five attempts to enter the code.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭dobh

It appears the nac code given by nokia to vodafone for the phone was incorrect. it annoys me that the customer is the person inconvenienced by a third parties error. I feel I should be able to walk into a vodafone store and collect a replacement with the correct nac code . Fat chance.

Thank you for your reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

dobh wrote: »
    It appears the nac code given by nokia to vodafone for the phone was incorrect. ..........................

Its funny how many times this happens, thats its a problem from the Nokia side.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭dobh

:) i agree

• Registered Users Posts: 14 odonnghaille

Any join unlocking it, im in drogheda too, were did you get it unlocked, or can i try ur unlocking code

cheers!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement