Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hi, are there any good colleges/unis you reccomend for acting.

Options
  • 05-10-2009 7:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

My son was planning on being one of these get rich famous actors (yeah..was a funny speech) but anyway. I was wondering is there any good places for acting?

I dont mind if its in the United States, post some information please.

Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 CharlieHorse

Hi, I saw your message and know exactly what your son is going through. Last year I did auditions for drama schools and it is a very tough and drawn out process. The best places are over in the UK but the thing is you can google 'drama schools Uk' to your hearts content but you'll never know which one is the best until you're sitting in the waiting room on the day of your audition. For instance, I always thought RADA was the only school for me until I went there, had my auditon and discovered that it wasn't the school for me. The key is to forget the school's rep and who they've produce because it's all about producing your own individual talent and you have to find a school that will assist this. You'll have to physically go to these schools and talk to the students who loads assist the auditions so it's easy to grab them for a quick chat. Anyway just a few schools which I found to be really good were LAMDA, Oxford School of Drama and Bristol Old Vic. Let me know of this helps!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

When chosing a Drama school, going on the name isnt always the best approach. You need to find a school that offers the following:

* provides a supportive, encouraging and constructive environment for ALL students. Many schools seem to focus on what they deem to be the better students
    * gives all students the opportunity to perform regularly. (same reason as above)

We have had students from one of Ireland's leading acting school come to the Board's Drama Group (No Drama Theatre) and finding it of more benefit than the course they are paying thousands for!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭coldwood92

NUIG BA in performanig Arts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭Mialin

I am also looking to go back to college next year(hopefully) to live the dream yada yada, so if anyone has anymore ideas or known college courses please let me know :)

Advertisement