Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite fone phorm factor?

• 05-10-2009 7:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭

i'm sure one of these polls has been done before but i havn't seen one in a long while so here goes.

Favourite phone form factor? 22 votes

Ordinary bar + keypad (e51,52)
    0% 0 votes
    Bar + Full keyboard (e71, backblerry)
    27% 6 votes
    Touch screen slab (iPhone, Omnia)
    9% 2 votes
    Touch screen + keyboard (N900, N97)
    4% 1 vote
    Clamshell (New 6650)
    22% 5 votes
    Communicator style (9500, E90)
    4% 1 vote
    Slide (LG KE970, Siemens SL55)
    0% 0 votes
    Slide keyboard (E75)
    13% 3 votes
    Bag phone
    0% 0 votes
    Desk phone
    0% 0 votes
    Atari Jaguar
    0% 0 votes
    Other
    18% 4 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

Be nice if you could ask the question in english;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭byrner88

elderlemon wrote: »
    Be nice if you could ask the question in english;)[/QUOTE exactly . OP change the name of the thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

I somehow doubt the OP needs two different users to highlight the fact the title was spelled incorrectly.

I prefer a handset with a touchscreen and keyboard form factor, followed closely by a candybar with standard keypad. A touchscreen only handset would be my least liked form factor, however, it will no doubt be the one used on my next handset, since manufacturers are preferring this form factor for a lot of their high-end devices over the more conventional ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

elderlemon wrote: »
    Be nice if you could ask the question in english;)

the actual question is just not the title of the thread :)
    Rsaeire wrote: »
    I somehow doubt the OP needs two different users to highlight the fact the title was spelled incorrectly.

I prefer a handset with a touchscreen and keyboard form factor, followed closely by a candybar with standard keypad. A touchscreen only handset would be my least liked form factor, however, it will no doubt be the one used on my next handset, since manufacturers are preferring this form factor for a lot of their high-end devices over the more conventional ones.

why would you buy a phone with your least favourite form factor? i'm sure there will be something out there for you with a keyboard

i notice nobody voted for clamshell which were all the rage there a few years ago before nokia started making them. everyone wanted a clamshell but are all those people fad-followers who have iphones and iclones now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Dankoozy wrote: »
    why would you buy a phone with your least favourite form factor? i'm sure there will be something out there for you with a keyboard

As I mentioned, the majority of handset manufacturers are sticking to the touchscreen only form factor for their high-end devices, so that leaves those of us looking for a touchscreen and keyboard out in the dark. You only need to look at the majority of the top-of-the-range handsets from Samsung and HTC; touchscreen only.
    Dankoozy wrote: »
    i notice nobody voted for clamshell which were all the rage there a few years ago before nokia started making them. everyone wanted a clamshell but are all those people fad-followers who have iphones and iclones now?

You seem to have answered your own question; and I completely agree. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

My favourite so far (And because I used to work in phone retail, I've had a lot) has to be the n90/n93/93i factor. A flip phone, which turns into a camcorder, and into a mini laptop.

Having said that, Nokia's pathetic Symbian OS is the reason I now use an iPhone. Fingers crossed their new Linux system will work for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Having said that, Nokia's pathetic Symbian OS is the reason I now use an iPhone
    I reverse this opinion (not on the phones I own but calling symbian pathetic and putting the iphones OS at the pinnacle = :confused:)

Advertisement