Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 2010 v PES 2009 - 10

Options
  • 05-10-2009 7:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

I just switched from pes 2009 to Fifa 2010, and im begining to ask myself why ! ! !:cool:
    After playing pes over the last 7 yrs i cant get me head round Fifa, the game play seems crap compaired to pes, players look a lot smaller whilst using the same camara. Is there no master league or something on Fifa? the control panal (top menu) is terrible:mad:
    why do they make these games so hard to get to simple settings:mad::mad::mad:
    The only reason i switched was because pes 2009 was terrible when online (lagging) but it'll be a fcukin year before i can even attempt to go online with Fifa 2010 unless i want an ass whoping every time:eek::eek::eek:

Any tips for me guy's? help me get going on this one PLEASE ! ! !:pac::pac::pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

There is a Master League of sorts. You have Manager Mode which is 15 seasons long, plus there's the Be a Pro mode too, where, as far as I know, you play as one player. The menu is annoying, I'll give you that, but over the past couple of years, it's been a much better game than PES.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭beardo81

Top Tip: Pre order PES 2010 at Gamestop and they'll give ya €30 off it when you trade in Fifa 10, sorted!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

beardo81 wrote: »
    Top Tip: Pre order PES 2010 at Gamestop and they'll give ya €30 off it when you trade in Fifa 10, sorted!! :)

Pftt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 devlinsisland

Anybody having a problem with xbox live signing them out when playing online. It keeps freezing every 10 secs or so and then just stops the game...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Moved to FIFA forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭EasyBoy1974

crock wrote: »
    Any tips for me guy's? help me get going on this one PLEASE

Try changing the level of assitance for passing, shooting etc. in the controller options. I find semi assist for passing and manual for shooting works best for me.

Build up play with short passing and keep possession - you teams stats are boosted if you're playing well and Keeping the ball.

When defending use the LT to jockey and time tackles (A button).

Don't keep the RT (sprint) button held - use it sparingly for an extra yard of pace.

Try to figure out some of the trick moves in the arena (mostly LT + Right stick) - i find that the flick of the right stick to knock the ball on can be devastating to get an extra yard of space in the box or down the touchline.

practise free kicks or penalties in the arena (press up on d-pad to take from where you are standing).

erm thats all i can think of for now - I find it's a really deep and rewarding game if you give it some time and practice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭gary nevillevil

crock wrote: »
    I just switched from pes 2009 to Fifa 2010, and im begining to ask myself why ! ! !:cool:
    After playing pes over the last 7 yrs i cant get me head round Fifa, the game play seems crap compaired to pes, players look a lot smaller whilst using the same camara. Is there no master league or something on Fifa? the control panal (top menu) is terrible:mad:
    why do they make these games so hard to get to simple settings:mad::mad::mad:
    The only reason i switched was because pes 2009 was terrible when online (lagging) but it'll be a fcukin year before i can even attempt to go online with Fifa 2010 unless i want an ass whoping every time:eek::eek::eek:

Any tips for me guy's? help me get going on this one PLEASE ! ! !:pac::pac::pac:

Sell it and Buy Pro Evo 2010 (when it's out) simple

PS: Konami have done a deal with mircosoft to use there servers this year!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Catenaccio!

Try changing the level of assitance for passing, shooting etc. in the controller options. I find semi assist for passing and manual for shooting works best for me.

Build up play with short passing and keep possession - you teams stats are boosted if you're playing well and Keeping the ball.

When defending use the LT to jockey and time tackles (A button).

Don't keep the RT (sprint) button held - use it sparingly for an extra yard of pace.

Try to figure out some of the trick moves in the arena (mostly LT + Right stick) - i find that the flick of the right stick to knock the ball on can be devastating to get an extra yard of space in the box or down the touchline.

practise free kicks or penalties in the arena (press up on d-pad to take from where you are standing).

erm thats all i can think of for now - I find it's a really deep and rewarding game if you give it some time and practice!

What do you mean by this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Think he means end of game stats so you can rank up quicker.

• Advertisement

Sorry, meant what mode are we talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,758 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

What do you all make of the achievements for FIFA? Wonder will Pro Evos be as spaced out

The 'achievements' for FIFA are total muck. I got a trophy for going in to the FIFA Store ffs!

Trilla wrote: »
    What do you all make of the achievements for FIFA? Wonder will Pro Evos be as spaced out

Pro Evo just seem to copy and paste most of the achievements from previous incarnations every year.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/pes-2010/achievements/

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭EasyBoy1974

I read about it on the EA forums. Apparently by playing well and keeping possesion your players stats will improve on the fly. Conversely playing poorly missing tackles and ball watching reduces the stats. I think they call this feature momentum?

I read about it on the EA forums. Apparently by playing well and keeping possesion your players stats will improve on the fly. Conversely playing poorly missing tackles and ball watching reduces the stats. I think they call this feature momentum?

So that explains why players stats are always up and down! i thought it was a bug or something.

Advertisement